8: More Than That

#DamageOnYouMoreThanThat

"Don't pull it out!"

A sharp jet of flames covered my whole abdomen the moment I touched the cold knife gently. Primo bent down to hold my face but I quickly ward it away. "Basag din 'yang mukha mo! Ano bang nangyari?"

My finger moved on its own accord and he gasped after seeing the robber still crying over the pain I've got for him. "I'll knock Brian sa kabila; Don't even dare pulling it out! Mas masasaktan ka lang!"

He dashed away and ten seconds after, Brian stood in front and did the same gasping noise before forcing himself inside. "Call 911! Duguan din 'to, I don't think he still have balls to fight!"

I have no idea how he sensed I'm trying to grip the knife again and held both of my shaking and cold hands to stop me. "Huwag ka ngang makulit, Miguel! Mas lalala lang 'yan!"

Struggling with his grip, he managed to call the emergeny line and asked for help to bring me to the hospital. Pakiramdam ko masusuka na ako sa kanina pang pag-ikot ng ulo ko, or worse, I want to struck this more in; the pain is already fucking me hard, bakit hindi ko pa doblehin?!

"G-get my car..." it came out as a whisper. "Drive me to the..."

"No... No... Shh... They said five minutes they'll be here, you'll survive. Migs, try longer inhales and exhales. You're terribly shaking, can you even see me?"

I focused my eyes full of tears at him and only an obscure figure I could see. A bursts of sobs escaped my mouth. This hurts... this fucking hurts... every nerves inside me is like letting me know that dying is quicker than waiting for the ambulance to come.

Am I gonna die now? If I push this thing more in, will I die instantly? I want this to end... Pain... agony... the gloomy feelings coarsing every perfect and punctured veins inside me is burning me up. I try heeding to his order: inhale, hold it, then exhale. But the pain is too overwhelming to calm down...

"P-please... J-just kill me..." I whisper at Primo. "E-end this thing..."

"Ikaw ang nagsasabi sa akin na huwag maging tanga, why the hell would I do that, huh?!" sinampal niya pareho ang pisngi ko but I didn't feel anything at that spot anymore.

Footsteps echoed around me, though their faces were enveloped with my hot tears, I can tell it's the same people who helped organized my things; my blood seemed to be getting thicker when Primo lets go of my hand, "The kit on the fridge! Please, pakiabot!" then he's gone.

Suddenly, my mind created this parade of my life; from the first memory of mine being with my parents, to my first day of school which I'd got myself scraped on my knees, the first fight broke out in front of me between my parents, their separation after Papa caught Mother with someone else, to the time I carried baby Zein in my arms, until the time where I was hiding behind the cabinet door when Logan had told Mother he'd got someone pregnant and many more...

Pakiramdam ko... mas masakit ang pumasok sa isipan ko... how can they be true that you get a quick glimpse of your life before you die? Then when I felt Primo's back holding me but not trying to put pressure on the wounded area, I broke into more tears as my brain made this hallucinations of Papa disowning me...

"No... Stop... I don't want to hear... see... please... I'm begging you... I-i... I won't do it, Mother..."

I flinched at Primo's touch on my bare but covered in blood belly when my mother's cackles reverberared continuously in my head. "I can't... I'm sorry... I'm just a k-kid, mother! Ayoko... Please.. "

"Shhh... This will lessen the pain, Migs. D-don't move too much, don't push my hand away... I'm begging too..."

I didn't bother knowing what he's doing but true enough, the heavy pressure pressing on me seemed to abated a little not until my failing hearing heard the loud siren outside the building.
"Quick! Wave outside! He's losing too much... Sabihin mo dalawang stretcher iangat! We can't leave him here; mention to them he's the one behind it!"