7: Stabilo

#DamageOnYouStabilo

"Yes. Yes, that will do. Would you be able to wait a couple minutes later? Our class don't usually ending sharp to the timetable; I'll just add a tip if I arrived late. No. I paid for it already, yes, thank you. Okay."

The morning is slowly making its way up to the sky floor, the east part of the school is covered in honey colored lightings, giving everyone a hard time peering at the students walking and talking on their way to their usual classes. Some even stopped, mostly girls from the same year as mine to greet me in a loud voice.

"Thanks." I mumbled silently and typed something. My class will start one hour from now but I still haven't changed into my clothes. Making sure that the foods and things I needed for later afternoon are all set, Brian went out from his room.

"Hey! Birthday boy! Happy Birthday! Wala bang tira na handa from last weekend?"

"I didn't cook." sagot ko. "Thanks, anyway."

The other students from the same floor greeted me and as I watch them descend on the stairs, turn right or left, a soft voice reverberated behind me.

"Happy Birthday, Migs." Primo greeted. "How was the party? Maganda?"

He's done clothed now and just wiping his wet hair off. I put my hand in my pocket and lean on the barricade. "You know about the party?"

His morning mood became debilitated. "Siyempre! Narinig ko sa... iba."

"Laurene didn't invite you?"

"She... She did..."

"Oh?" I raised my brow. "Then why didn't come? It could be a best chance for you and Laurene to know each other."

"H-hindi naman siya ang may birthday so... I didn't come." he answered timidly. "Besides, what am I gonna do there anyway? It's not like..."

"Like what?" I taunt him. "The first time you welcomed yourself at me, you were drunk. You don't party?"

"I do!" he grunts defensively. "Ang problema lang... siyempre higher years kayo. Wala pa akong kilala bukod sa kay Laurene at sa'yo..."

"Literally the same answer Zein had given to me." I sigh. "Do you think they still care if they know you or not? The place was devoid of light all night; your face doesn't matter if it rings a bell to anyone."

Kauuwi ko lang kaninang alas kuwatro and I barely slept though I had two-hour sleep upon arriving. May celebration pa ako kasama si Papa pagkatapos ng araw at dahil ako lang ang mag-aabala sa lahat, I had no choice but sacrifice a little time. Besides, it's only once a year I celebrate this kind of occasion.

Primo's sob pulled me out from reverie; I almost asked him what was he saying but what he did irked me. "Umagang-umaga, umiiyak ka?"

Using the towel he's got, he dabs it on his cheek a little. "Why are you telling me this?"

"What?"

"Kung bakit hindi ako pumunta? You can just... invite me if I had known you're gonna act this way..."

Wow. Did he learn to talk back now? I wonder when and whom did he had the courage to do it. "Tinatanong lang kita kung bakit hindi ka na naman naging lalaki kay Laurene. It's not because I want you there; asa ka naman? Don't make it hard for her, Villonco."

I try to gesture his eyes back at me; the morning rays do a small magic to his eye color. Ang ganda sana tingnan if the person has it is not crybaby.

"Huwag mong sabihin na kailangan ka pa bigyan ng signal para gawin 'yon?" I smirked and flicked my fingers on his shoulders. "Are you even a man?"