21: Caught in The Act

#DamageOnYouCaughtinTheAct

We never had any chance to continue the storytelling after that night. I had to prepare for several plates I need to finish and Primo's workload starts to stack so high he tries to convince me for another but always get interrupted. By what? By a new notification of an assignment.

"Seriously? Is this supposed to be what first year looks like?" he said after slamming the phone back in front of him.

I finished shading the lines I've created when he murmured that in full of hatred. "You said it already: that's what college really look like."

"But matagal ko nang makikita na easy peasy lang sa college!" Primo bumped his head on the table now. Ridiculous. "Like bonding with friends, famous students, then after class, another bonding but in a bar!"

"Then enroll in public school. You should've known that UW won't lose its reputation as the 'University who produces high-quality students every year' to RST. Drop this semester and move."

"Hindi naman iyon ang ibig kong sabihin!"

"That's really what you're trying to imply." Our eyes met and I smiled at how frustrated he looks like. "That's normal; naranasan ko rin 'yan. You'll get used to it."

Primo opens his mouth but quickly closed it away. "Fine. I don't want to spoil your productivity for evading these activities! Hays! I wanna know what happened next already."

"You're making it seems like my life is a telenovela or something."

He opens his laptop; I chugged my coffee. "If that's what you think, then maybe it's true. I'm a die-hard fan, Migs."

"Whatever."

True enough, before we had a conversation about how college could be this cruel and difficult, I've never heard him groan throughout the night.

"Is Paella easy to cook?" he asked, holding up at me one medium sack of short grain rice.

By the time our school priorities became little than the time we received them, it only dawned on both of us how we're losing some groceries and some necessities. March arrived and first Friday, we pulled to the mall and went to the grocery store first.

"Dunno. Never been to Italy." I swayed my head to avoid getting hit by the plastic and continued searching for groceries we might need.

I volunteered to pull the car and it's almost full: there are already canned foods, condiments, noodles, frozen goods, any many more. It's jusr basic groceries any other people is getting in here. Almost everything that I've memorized being out in the pantry is already in the cart but a part of me tells me there's still missing.

"Kaya ko kaya magluto?"

"It's like a fried rice, kid. What's so hard about that?"

"Wow. Coming from someone who orders a lot before I arrive!" he raises his voice to mock me but still laughed afterwards.

"How many times do I have to tell you that it's because wala lang akong maraming time noon? Come on, try Architecture and see for yourself how it was hell in first year."

I shouldn't have told him about that before. But what can I do? It's obvious already? I've only started experiencing eating normal breakfast, lunch, and dinner meals since he arrived. Though I'm willing to learn more how to cook but school is messing up with possible opportunities of mine.

"Bahala na. Basta aaralin ko na lang."

He started putting another things in the car and I let him be. When it's time to check all out, we've only noticed we're missing some meats. There's not much people so there's no long queue and we returned to the meat section.