11: IDWLYA

This chapter is supposed to be posted last February 9 because it's our Primo's birthday! But college life is stressing me and my time out I posted this late but anyway,

(Belated) HAPPY BIRTHDAY, PRIMO!

💙💙💙

***

#DamageOnYouIDWLYA

It appears as if I'm living with a ghost.

Nakatulog lang ako noong araw na inalis ako sa team by putting full-blast headphones, just to muffle his incessant attempts to start a conversation or his complete bullshit apologies. Though that routine really a bad thing (I almost choke to my death every time I wake up with the wires of it) yet it's better than hearing him calling my name to the point I now hate hearing people mention my name.

That's all because of his desire to teach me and forcing me to remember I agreed when I didn't! How many times do I have to say I never agreed and now when I was given to officially decline, I was evicted from the team! All because of a kid named Primo Villonco!

Like what Veni did to Papa and I's situation, she managed to make me realize that situation about the team is not insuperable and I just need to move on. Besides, I want to pour all my attention to her that I don't need to think about anyone, Primo, or anything anymore.

That explains why I didn't notice his sudden change in hair color; the last time I'd seen it, it's black with brown if a sun is hitting his head. Hindi ko na siya binalingan kahit saglit o maliit na tingin dahil nawalan na ako ng pakialam. What for, right? Tutal siya naman pinalit sa akin, siya ang dahilan bakit ako nawala, bakit may aasa pa na kakausapin o babalingan ko siya ng saglit na sulyap?

Their practices helped my mission to stash him in my head, to the point as if he never existed, like a ghost I know it's there but too busy fucking with somebody I don't care at him anymore. Like I cared to him even at once anyway.

But today, I can't refuse Veni's attempt to meet them on the other side. She held my hand, pulled me behind while Primo, still shocked, his flaming orange hair standing up from something I don't know.

"Hey! Hey, couz!" her long legs brought her up quicker than mine. She hugged him and I snorted. "Wala kayong game today, ah! So I assumed you're practicing with the others!"

Siguro naman hindi ako kailangan doon; I leaned on the barricade and eat my part. However, I can still hear their conversation, Primo's curt answers and the other people's murmurs ("Primo! Pinsan mo? Ganda ah!") and I focused more on Veni's voice.

I was halfway consuming the food when she called me to join them but I refused. For the first time since that day, Primo and I had an eye contact and it's funny how a month of abjecting his presence told me how he's much changed.

I would assume his sudden thinning in shape is because of the blistering practice or to whatever he's doing when I'm spitting him away. I can never tell if that hair color looks good on him because Veni's image with that is still reigning inside my head. A flicker of hope filled his blue-eyed green when we had a contact but fades when I divert it back at her.

Minutes later, "Migs, I need to use a loo. Meron ba around here?"

Stuffing the plastic in my pocket for a while, I nods and moved but she made me lean back. "Just point it to me, Migs. Balikan na lang kita rito."

"But—"

"Come on, Miguel," her hair danced gracefully when she laughs. "I don't need a hand sitting on a toilet, turo mo na lang."