22: Love

#DamageOnYouLove

I've forgotten to be a brother but the brother instinct in me... failed to show up, too.

I closed my eyes, thinking so hard that what I had just witnessed is just a fragment of my imagination—that it didn't exist or happen but when it welcomes the air around again, I turn my back, all fists clenched and jaw hurting from clenching it so hard. It's true.

My whole system is vibrating mad for seeing my very own brother kissing a man. Especially a kid!

As soon as I reached the grounds, I had a horrible idea the car—this car right in front of me belongs to the one and only Logan Schaefer who has no business going around the university.

Why the hell is he here, anyway? And why is he in our dorm? Was he looking for me? But there's nothing to go here and look for me. He's maybe just like Zein earlier... wait... did she mention him at least once earlier?

No... "She knows I can hurt her if she tries to bring up that asshole." I murmur to myself as I walk myself to the side of the building where a built-sink was erected.

There's no one around and the breeze is giving horror atmosphere but I'm still mortified and petrified by what I saw when I lift myself to sit on top of the sink, while biting my nails off. I can't... That can't be... true, right?

Maybe... maybe I was just too tired and too worried about that kid's whereabouts that my brain is making these false scenarios to pain myself more. But no... everything... is true. My chest is constricting; my lungs felt like it forgot it is lungs and now seizing up; and my heart is being sliced down to half.

You can only know something is true if it hurts—and I do.

Recalling Primo's face... was he... drunk? And why Logan was here? And what happened before I saw them that leads Logan to stoop down and catch Primo's...

"No... The car surely doesn't belong to Logan, nor he was upstairs, nor he kissed the innocent but insolent kid I know... Yes... I may be hallucinating because of the workloads..."

Malalim akong humugot nang hininga at tumayong muli. There's only one way I can guarantee this assumption is not an assumption at all: to check it again.

And I haven't even stepped on the first step of the stairs, Logan is descending and his hawk eyes focused at mine again. Our lips are im straight line upon seeing each other but his starts to curve, as if taunting me.

"Wow. Too late to go home?"

Why are you acting like you just didn't kiss a kid?! "Wow, too concerned? Kailan pa?"

"Don't be ridiculous, Lorenzo. I didn't want to be concerned at you but because we're brothers, I had to."

"Had to? Had to? Bakit hindi ko ramdam?" tawa ko at nagsimula nang umakyat.

"Your roommate is wasted. Wanna know the reason why?"

"You just fu—" but I stopped. We're two steps closer and he's gawping at me with his side eyes. I felt hot with his huge jacket that reaches behind his pants; I'm the one ridiculous now. Huh?

"What?"

"Can you just step aside, dadaan ako." singhal ko at lumihis nang tingin.

"Primo didn't give me a thanks for bringing him home. I was expecting pa naman na sa'yo ko makukuha iyon."

Seriously? Does that kid still need to? I guess that kiss isn't enough for you, fucker?

"Hindi ko siya kargo kaya huwag kang umasa. Fuck off, Logan. Pagod ako, gusto ko nang matulog."