20: The Miguels' Ordeal

#DamageOnYouTheMiguelsOrdeal

"Mommy's looking for you downstairs."

I am busy coloring the huge rainbow I draw earlier when Kuya busted in. "Don't you know how to knock, kuya?"

"I know. But she's asking you so many times already and you're still busy about something."

I finished shading the last color-violet when I pull it up and show it to him. Kuya's always wearing a jumper with plain white shirt underneath. Meanwhile, I'm always clothed with polo shirts-especially the ones from my Papa.

"Do you like it, kuya?" I grinned and point at the clouds around it. "May napanood akong rug making sa YouTube kagabi and I want to make one like this!"

Kuya Logan is much taller than me; perhaps, it's all because he's three years older than me or maybe it's because his dad is towering too. Nevertheless, I still like him as my older brother. Sometime I wish we share the same room yet he likes his own privacy.

"This is just a plain rainbow." he snarled.

"Maybe because the rainbow is only looking like that?" I smiled. "Pupunta ka ba ng mall some time this week? Can you buy me materials?"

He returned it to me and groaned. "I don't think Mom will let you buy one."

"Why not?"

Kuya bit his lip and started walking away. "You can't understand, Lorenzo. Just... I don't think it'd work. Get your ass out of that chair already."

The paper crumpled a little when it meet my knees. "Is i-it ugly?" my eyes sparkling with tears. "I can improve, kuya! Teach me!"

But Kuya just vehemently shakes his head and throws a revolting look at me. "I never said anything bad at your drawing; I was just saying it's your own fault you can't buy what you wanted."

That time... I have no idea why he said that... what's the context behind it that I shed tears because I thought he really finds my art awful. "Your papa's downstairs, bilisan mo na."

At least, hearing my father abated the suddem downhill of my mood that after he shuts the door, I scramble to fix myself: wiped the tears on my face and flattened the paper I was once holding. If kuya wouldn't buy it for me, surely, hindi ako matitiis ni papa.

True enough, I ran to papa's arms that I almost tackled him and the seat itself. Napuno ng tawa ang tenga ko habang inaayos niya ang suot ko matapos buhatin para mapaupo sa legs niya. "Kumusta naman ang anak ko?"

"Maghapon na nagdradrawing." Mama slid off somewhere and stole a peck at me and to Papa's cheek. "You seem tired; too busy at work?"

"Daming clients but it's fine. Better to have more than none, eh?" he throws Mama a hearty eyes. "Anong hawak mo? Wow, pakita nga."

I heard Kuya groaned behind. For a moment, akala ko sasabihin din ni Papa ang sinabi ni kuya pero hindi. "Gumagaling ka magkulay, anak. Pati sa pagdrawing! Parang dati lang lampas-lampas pa pagkulay mo, ha?"

"You should be surprised if he still sucks at drawing after all day locking himself up in his room." snarled Kuya.

Mama's fixing the table for the four of us that I was scared she broke one of the plate after shouting at kuya. "What did I tell you about the tone of yours, Logan?"

But behind my head, Kuya just probably rolled his eyes; Papa quite looked hurt. "Marami akong natututuhan sa YouTube, pa. I can't understand some but I follow their tips!"

"Mukhang alam ko na kung ano ang magiging Lorenzo Miguel pagdating ng araw, ha?"

"Puwede po ba kahit ano?"