16: A Deal To Heal

#DamageOnYouADealToHeal

I can't leave.

Not when Primo's still here. That kid... how did he manage to trick me into going here?

Tss. May magagawa pa ba ako? Tito Maximo was too exuberant about the happening event I had no chance to explain myself I never wanted here and started introducing me to people he's talking to. All of them are surprised to see me again. "Amanda is not posting any of you, hijo!"

"Tama ka diyan, mare." halakhak ng isang matandang babae. "We're friends on Facebook and goodness knows how she posts her life almost every day!"

Everyone laughed. "Don't tell Amanda we'd said that!"

Akala ko ako ang kausap dahil hinding-hindi mangyayari iyon. Yet Tito Maximo laughed and shrugged it off. "No offense hijo, anak ka ba talaga ni Amanda?"

"Pare naman! Siyempre! Pangalawa niya!"

"I don't think I'd seen you before, eh." he scrutinized my outfit my face. "You don't look like Amanda, even a little, at all."

"Come on, Decencio, have you seen Maximo's daughter? Nakita mo na ba at makita mo na parang ito ang nagbuntis dahil kamukhang-kamukha!"

Tito's face flushed and looked at me, patting my shoulders. Looking behind, the taxi is now gone and Primo, dressed in bright color suit, stood up under the street lamps while his back facing me. The phone is on his ears; who is he talking to?

"Ganoon talaga kapag malakas ang genes, mga kaibigan." sabay halakhak. "And it's all because how I always annoyed Amanda when she's bringing my beautiful daughter! Sabi nila, awayin mo ang asawa para maging kamukha ang anak!"

"Tama ka diyan!" halakhak ng lahat.

"Lorenzo is Romeo's son with Amanda, mga people."

A waiter went out from the insides, tray on his palm with drinks. Tito thanked him and grabs two for us. Wala akong magawa.

"Romeo who?" taka ng isa pang matandang babae.

"I know someone named Romeo... " Her eyes flew in the air. "Romeo Ilustre! Iyon ba ang ama mo, hijo?"

Of course they wouldn't know the life and whereabouts of my Father.

"No." I said curtly. "And I don't think none of you had business whose sperm brought me into this life."

Everyone gasped; Tito Maximo almost smashed his wine glass. Their gazes became so easy I think I had claimed my exit ticket but Tito, who's adept in healing shattered relationship, laughed and said to take my words in jest.

I wasn't joking. Their assumptions of Papa being someone who's rich like them are not only insult to him, but to me too. This is the reason why I became so fed up with Mother's life: if you are born from a opulent family, you should only marry people with the same life like yours.

Mother broke it, once, with Papa but it didn't last. She thought she can live without the lavishness of her inherited lifestyle but realized it's better to be hated but still rich than happy but having hard time being poor.

I don't even have an idea who's that Ilustre man. If Mother knows it, if that man is handsome and rich, Zein will be a big sister. I doubt it, though.

"It's getting cool outside, eh?" he exclaimed, brushing his sleeves. "Let's go inside? I bet it's about to start any minute now! But give us a seconds first."

Though they recovered from the snapped I did, when their eyes fell at me, I want to smash the glass and hurt someone. Na para bang sa tingin na pinukol nila, nalaman nila kung sino ang ama ko at nadisappoint na hindi kagaya nila.