Epilogue

Thank you for holding onto this book and to Primo&Miguel. This will be the last chapter and I can never thank you enough for reaching this part! Migs and Primo loves you!

***

#DamageOnYouEpilogue

I remember the time where I first heard about the word 'detriment' I thought it was such a positive word—a positive force that every time it pops up in my head, I will always fall to a good kind of reverie—a painless and full of rainbows and unicorn dream. Perhaps it's my fault that my family deteriorated; perhaps my association of that word to everything how my family works, helped a lot by breaking it down at the end.

How could a kid—a mere kid of age know the real definition of 'Detriment' and of it's usage to life? When that kid only wanted everything to be fine?

Walking away from the empty table, I stood behind the glass window that separates me from inside and to the outside view: a long view of blue skies and several buildings rose from the grounds can be seen. I crane my neck to see the plane that passed by better but returned looking at nowhere.

I'm 27 now. I just turned 27 last week and... I know that I should be happy because... because when I turned this age, I received the one of the best news any Architects can receive in their profession: to get hired by huge and influential Architectural Companies around the globe. Though I'm still in the Philippines... this building I'm in...

Wiping my eyes for escaped tears made me laugh. How did I go from thinking about the word 'detriment' to thinking if this happening now is true or not.

A knock jerked me awake. A small woman with hair reaching only her ears puts her head between the door and doorway and smiled at me. "Good Afternoon, Architect! Nasa akin ilang gamit mo, puwede ba akong pumasok?"

The glass acted my temporary mirror and checked if I have something on my face and said she could when I made sure there's none.

"That's very nice of you." I said, pocketing my hands. "You don't have to do it. Kukunin ko na rin ngayon-ngayon din."

She shaked her head and laugh fervently. "Okay lang po. It's my work here naman."

Lumipat ako sa likuran ng lamesa para itulak ang binaba niyang box. Inside here are some of my things I can now lay on my table. For a short time, I almost cried thinking I've got my own table, got a beautiful office that's all mine, and a dream job!

"Sorry... Sorry..." I laughed. "I'm just... still overwhelmed. I used to... work on a shared table but..."

She smiled warmly and stood straight. "Okay lang po! Normal na po iyan dito kasi alam po namin ang nararamdaman ninyo na makapasok dito sa Donwein. Ganiyan din po ang reaksyon ng fiancè ko noon na nakapasok sa Donwein."

"Here, too?"

"Uh... same company po pero sa ibang subsidiary." she smiled wider. "Lahat naman po siguro ng students na bagong graduate, gusto rin dito pumasok."

I laughed and said the same. "Still, thank you for bringing this up. You are?"

"Jizzel po, Architect Miguel."

"Just call me 'Sir' if my title isn't needed for a specific time."

"Okay, Sir Miguel."

She quickly excused herself and I busied myself fixing and organizing my table. It only took me a couple of minutes since there are no papers yet to be checked or what. I left a long space just at the edge of the front where my name plate will erect and bare my name. I've been architect for almost a year and a half now and I've had nameplates before but having my very own, made and customized by this company is a big deal I brought home my first desk name to give space for the new one.