23: Logan, I Don't Share

#DamageOnYouLoganIDontShare

"You're still young, hijo. How old are you again?"

"Nineteen."

"Oh, see! Bata ka pa at marami kang makukuhang achievements kung magsisimula ka na ngayon. I will leave my calling card; call me if you change your mind?"

My tray is heavy and on my way back to the table, I am wondering why I didn't ask Primo to stay beside the counter so he can help me carry it but I forgot everything after seeing his state at the table. His back is facing me but the face of an old man is in front of him, sitting across the table.

Brows furrowed, I walked-ran until I'm behind him. Primo took the small black card with gold letters on it and gave it a sigh. "I'll keep in mind, sir."

The old man shakes his head and gave an annoying giggle. "Don't call me 'sir' hijo, call me Madam!"

Madam? But you're a man.

I can tell from Primo's bowed head and silence he's uncomfortable I had to fake a cough to catch the old's man attention. Sa laki kong lalaki, nagtataka ako kung paanong hindi pa niya ako napansin sa likuran nito o naamoy man lang sa pabango ko.

In my peripheral, the old man's jaw fell but my eyes is focused at Primo. "What is that?"

He grabs the whole tray and put it down for me. I wanted to take a seat already since the queue earlier is harrowingly long but I don't want to be around with this creep.

"Oh my... Is this your friend, hijo? Ang guwapo ninyo!"

He flinched. "Excuse me? But who are you?"

He introduced himself but the 'Madam' was the only one I recalled. "Why are you bugging this kid?"

"Kid? Ikaw talaga... huwag kang ganiyan sa kaibigan mo!" sabay tawa at hawak sa napapanot na ulo. "Ang guwapo mo rin, hijo! I think I've seen you somewhere! Are you modelling for some brands before?"

"Migs..."

"As far as I know, I never let anyone use my face for their products I don't even use so how come you've seen me already before?" my forthrightness melted the happiness in his face. I am aware he's said that to impress me but the amount of his uncomfortable feelings he's omitting around?

"Masyado kang seryoso, hijo. Huwag ganoon. Sayang ang itsura mo! Guwapo, oh!"

"If you have nothing better to do, will you excuse yourself? Kakain pa kami."

Primo tugged my shirt; I acted I didn't feel it pulling my body down a little. The old man shifted to his seat and glanced at Primo, who's trying to evade this man's eyes.

"Are you interested to wha—"

"I'm not. And will never be interested. So is this kid. Now, can you leave? You're wasting our time, may mga pasok pa kami mamaya."

I didn't know he has a bag beside the chair when he stood up and trudge away with such fear from me. Hinintay ko na makalabas siya ng resto bago ko pakalmahin ang sarili at binalingan ang katabi.

"Did he harass you?"

He shakes his head. "Just bugged."

"Puwede ka namang humindi bago pa siya naupo." I took my seat on his left and pulled the tray in front of me. "Ilang beses na nangyari 'to? Parang nasa New York pa lang tayo, lapitin ka na ng mga modeling scout?"

"Ikaw din kaya." when I offered the food he ordered, his face softened and the crease in his forehead vanished; his straight lips formed into a curve one now.