I: Basket Weaving

Chapter 1: Basket Weaving

Maria was not one to brag. Especially not about things that were granted to her because of who her father was and having to do with the money her father had compared to everyone else in the world. Now bragging to everyone only came when people underestimated how smart Maria could actually be and in this instance it was on how smart Maria actually was. First of all, Maria didn't even want to be in this stupid school anyway but her father made her come to scope out this kid he had a feeling was somehow special. Special in what way? Maria doesn't know the full story because her father refused to tell her all the details. Next, her cover was that she was here to give a lecture in one of her fields of study which she could do but the principal refused to let her in because he didn't believe a 'young girl' her age could possibly be pursuing a degree in the study of quantum physics. So Maria had been sitting here for the past 15 minutes as the principal looked over all her qualifications.

"Well I guess I was wrong. You are qualified and you are currently in your last year of undergrad at MIT am I correct?" the principal asked as he looked up from the paperwork Maria had handed in.

"Yup which you would have gathered if you finished reading my file but I'm actually a genius which I got from my father you know the genius, billionaire, playboy philanthropist," Maria said sassily as she took her file back from the principal who gave her a dirty look as he called in the secretary into his office.

"Yeah Anthony Stark, I see now where you get your... charming personality from. If you will, Mrs. Carls will take you to Mr. Harrington's room where you will be giving your presentation," ignoring the principals snide comment, Maria followed the nice secretary out of the office as she showed her the way to the class where a certain Peter Parker was currently in where Maria would also be giving her speech in. Thinking about it now, is her dad an idiot? Maria had absolutely no guidance in what her father specifically wanted her to talk about so she is going in there completely unprepared. Eh, Maria guessed she would just wing the presentation, if she was good at anything it was talking aimlessly about nothing in particular and it's not like these students would actually care to listen about quantum mechanics. The two stopped outside a classroom of Mr. Harrington and the secretary knocked on the door before opening it after hearing a loud come in.

"Hello Mr. Harrington, I have here a Miss Maria who will be giving a presentation in your class today," Maria smiled slightly while giving a forced wave to the teacher from behind Mrs. Carls. As the two began conversing, Maria turned to face the class who seemed uninterested and were having their own conversations. Luckily for her, she was able to pinpoint Peter Parker who was sitting in the front of the class with his head rested on the desk.

"Ah well yes, hello Maria my name is Mr. Harrington but you can call me Roger if you will. Thank you Laura I can take it from here," with that the secretary left leaving the class, Roger, and Maria alone.