XII: Calm down boys...

Chapter 12: Calm down boys

Maria had no idea what had happened. One minute she was flying after Strange into the alien spaceship, the next she was knocked out. She slowly started coming to as she heard some voices talking next to her. Maria tried moving but it seemed that something was wrapped around her limiting her movement. Maria knew that if she were to open her eyes, she would compromise her alertness and probably cause her to be attacked once again by whoever had tied her up which she assumed was the alien because she could hear him talking to Strange next to her.

So, Maria pretended to be knocked out but used her telepathy to see what was going on by tapping into Strange's mind. As soon as she went in she knew that Strange felt her presence in his mind and she heard his alarmed thoughts.

"Hey Strange chill okay it's just me, Maria. I'm just trying to see what's going on but I don't want to let the alien know I'm awake," at her words, Strange surprisingly relaxed and allowed her to use his mind to see what was going on. Maria looked over at her own body which similar to Strange earlier, was tied up by iron poles as her head lolled to the side as she pretended to sleep. With a quick thanks to Strange, Maria left his mind and went back into her own thinking of a plan on how to get out of this predicament. Maria didn't have long to think though because before she knew it, Strange was screaming in agony next to her. Without realizing it, Maria opened her eyes and used her intangibility to free herself from her ties and hit the alien sending him back.

"Come on Strange get up we have to go!" Maria yelled as she walked over to Doctor Strange who had fallen to the ground in pain but allowed Maria to help him up. The Squidward looking alien got up and was getting ready to attack them when they heard a noise all turning to look behind the alien where Maria saw her dad standing there getting ready to attack. "Fuck yeah!"

"Any one of them could end your friends lives in an instant," the alien told her dad as he pointed the sharp object he had been torturing strange with earlier back on him and this time Maria also.

"I gotta tell you, he's not really my friend. Saving his life is more of a professional courtesy. The other one on the other hand is my daughter so if you touch her you'll wish you were dead," Tony said as he got his suit ready to attack the alien as Maria built a telekinetic shield around her and Strange really hoping the sharp objects wouldn't be able to go through it.

"You saved nothing. Your powers are inconsequential compared to mine," the alien told him lifting objects to hurl at Tony.

"Yeah, but the kid's seen more movies," Tony said shooting at the alien.

"Wait, what?" Maria asked confused before gasping in realization that the kid her dad was talking about was Peter. Maria had no time to process because instead of shooting at the alien like she thought, her dad had actually shot to the wall in the ship causing a suction to the hole in the wall dragging Strange and Maria who was still holding him up, to the hole also. "Holy shit we're going to die!"