XIX: What the F**k!

Chapter 19: What the F**k!

Maria had arrived at the location Peter had sent her for their date. Maria had been expecting a pizza parlor which was her favorite food, or even Delmar's because she knew he loved it so much. Although, now that she thought about it, they had just gone to Delmar's yesterday but she wouldn't put it past Peter to take her there again. Anyways, back to what Maria was talking about, she was surprised to see herself at a quaint cafe that she had never seen before. Maria was about to text Peter if he was already there, but she stopped when she noticed a swinging figure making his way to her.

She saw Peter make his way into the alley next to the building the cafe was in, and a minute later Peter walked out wearing jeans and a navy blue shirt. Maria couldn't help but check him out because even though he was wearing simple clothes, he looked hot okay. Is it so wrong that she checks out her boyfriend, exactly so let her check him out in peace.

"Hey, sorry I'm a bit late, I got stuck in traffic," Peter rushed out as he walked up to his girlfriend giving her a smile and a quick kiss on the lips.

"It's okay I just got her like 30 seconds before you did. Let's go in, yeah, I've been smelling the smell of coffee and now I'm craving some because it smells delicious," Maria told him excitedly as she intertwined their hands together before pulling him into the cafe.

After ordering, Maria found a table by the window while Peter went to get their orders. The cafe was rather quiet and empty, Peter and Maria being the only other people here aside from a girl in the back corner on her computer.

"Here you go," Peter told her as he placed her coffee and muffin down in front of her, doing the same with his coffee and piece of pie.

"Thanks, Pete. So how have you been, you know since yesterday," Maria told him playfully as he chuckled at her question.

"I've been good. I just couldn't wait to see you after so long. I was running late though cause I was having a talk with May and Happy," Peter explained to her as Maria smirked already knowing what he was about to say. Her dad had told her that Happy had been seeing May for a few days. Maria was ecstatic that Happy found, well, happiness but she wasn't sure if May was looking for a relationship.

"Oh yeah my dad told me a bit about it. So what happened?" Maria asked as she leaned forward wanting to know all the gossip surrounding their relationship.

"Well I asked them before I left if they were together, but I got mixed messages about it. Happy said they were but my aunt said they were just a summer fling," Maria nodded her head in understanding. She had a hunch that May probably wasn't looking for a relationship, but Happy was just not someone to have a fling and let it go.

"Aw, poor Happy. I need to tell my dad they need a guys day," Maria concluded thinking maybe her dad could invite her uncle Rhodey too. "So, anyway, why did you ask me to this nice cafe? I had a feeling we would be getting pizza."