0: She's just a child

Maria looked at everyone around her

Maria looked at everyone around her. She didn't understand what had happened. Her mother had taken her to school with a promise of ice cream when she came home, but when she came home that day from school there wasn't any ice cream. All there was at her house were friends from her mothers work waiting inside. Sara, her aunt greeted her at the door but when she asked for her mother nobody gave her an answer.

She is now sitting at her uncle Charles' home on an uncomfortable chair as her mothers friends spoke to her father who had arrived only a short while ago. Nobody had spoken to her aside from her father who had hugged her as soon as he saw her.

"What are you saying? That you have no idea where my wife is! I though you were a genius telepath?" Maria flinched as she heard her father yelling from inside the room. He had given her a doll and told her to stay outside while he spoke to her uncle. Her father screaming was the first thing that she heard since they went into the room. Maria looked up from her doll as she heard a voice calling her name.

"Maria sweetie come this way," Maria got up confused as to who was calling out to her.

"Maria sweetie it's me, mommy," Maria having heard that it was her mother calling her got up excited as she ran towards where she heard the voice of her mother. She ran down the hall where she heard her mother calling her from.

"Mommy where have you been Daddy, Auntie Sara, and Uncle Charles have been looking for you?" Adeline asked as she stopped not knowing where to go anymore. Suddenly a small light began to glow that began moving once Maria caught sight of it.

"I know sweetheart but I just needed to be alone for a bit. I've come to see you though. I want to take you somewhere special, would you like to come with me?" Maria nodded her head excited to finally see her mother.

"Okay sweetie all you have to do is follow the light and you'll find me," Maria followed the light until it stopped moving. Maria looked around and realized she had been led outside by the small glowing light. Maria stopped when she saw her mother waiting for her outside.

"Mommy I missed you!" Jean smiled as she picked up her daughter and hugged her close to her.

"I know honey but right now we have somewhere important to be," Jean's smiled turned into a smirk, for Jean was not in control of her own body anymore. With Jean's daughter in her arms she flew away from Charles' home to hide the most important piece of the game.

***

"I don't understand, can't you just use your telepathy and find her?" Tony spoke out frustrated on how useless this team was.

"First of all it doesn't work like that and we already told you that Jean is blocking Charles' telepathy with her own telepathic abilities," Scott explained rolling his eyes at the man in front of him. He couldn't believe that Jean had left him for this unbelievable man.

"What do you mean by blocking? I didn't know Jean's abilities were that strong," Tony said softly as he sat down.

"Well that's because they aren't," Tony looked up even more confused than her already was.