ꜱᴇᴠᴇɴ - ʟᴜᴋᴇ -ʀʜᴜᴍ

7 | Luke | Rhum

Songs of the chapter

Baby blue – Luke Hemmings

Fuck them all - The dangerous Summer

Thursday

Calum had asked Luke to hang out after school, so they met up together at the parking lot. They were planning on going to buy a new game for Calum's play station as they had gotten tired of all the games Calum owned during quarantine.

Calum was already standing next to his parent's car, waiting for his best friend to show up. "Hey what's up?", he asked as Luke arrived.

"Not much", Luke said, "School was pretty boring."

"What we're about to do now though isn't", Calum smirked as he got into the car.

"It's really not", Luke agreed, "it's literally the only thing that kept me motivated today."

But when the two boys parked in front of the media market, the parking lot was suspiciously empty and when they stood in front of the store, they found out why. The store was closed for an undefined time.

"Soooo....", Calum started. "Fifa?"

"Fifa", Luke nodded.

The drive home was somewhat different. Some of the excitement had disappeared. Yes, playing Fifa was great but Luke had been really excited to try something new. This excitement was gone and as it appeared, Calum had it the same.

They drove for a while in silence. They listened to some Palaye Royal song. Calum drove and focused on the road and Luke glanced outside of the window, drifting into his thoughts.

"I slept with Maureen", Calum broke out.

Luke looked up and turned his head into Calum's direction. "Maureen as in Jade's best friend?"

"Yes, how many Maureens do you know?"

"Damn", was all Luke brought out. He didn't know what to say about it. Calum casually slept with girls, there wasn't really a big difference just because she was close to Jade.

"I feel kinda bad about it", Calum admitted. "She's important to Jade, I shouldn't have done it."

"Then why did you do it?", Luke asked, "if you don't want to do that to Jade, why did you do it to her?"

He looked at his best friend. He was now shifting uncomfortably from one side to the other in his seat. He didn't answer the question and Luke didn't dig deeper.

"Luke?", Calum asked after a while.

"Yes?"
"Can I ask you something, even if it might seem inappropriate?", he said quietly. Calum was hardly ever quiet. Usually he was loud and confident and he liked to show everyone how sure of himself he was. So Calum asking him now in that manner told him that what he was going to ask truly bothered him.