ᴛᴡᴇʟᴠᴇ - ʟᴜᴋᴇ - ɢʀᴏᴜɴᴅᴇᴅ

Songs of the chapter

Parcetamol – Declam McKenna

Willst du - Alligathoa

Why still bother - ITCHY

12 | Luke | grounded

Sunday

Luke woke up the next morning with a pounding head and sore throat. He remembered last night again. He had been making sure that nothing broke. He had spent most of the night running after kids (who were supposed to be teenagers but very much behaved like kids) telling them that they needed to be careful.

Or at least at the beginning, he was. Once he had taken a few drinks to ease his nerves, he really didn't care about it anymore. He just cared about dancing with Jade and then they joined at beer pong and everything went downhill afterwards.

It turned out that Luke and Jade both sucked at that game and they had to empty one cup after another, both of them being about equally drunk at that time.

Later they decided to get shots, what ended up being a bad idea as Luke and Jade both vomited for the rest of the night. In a weird way, Luke was relieved that he wasn't the only one who did it last night, but at the same time, he felt super guilty about it, because he knew it was his fault that Jade had gotten this drunk.

He was a bad influence.

He tried to turn away from Jade who had her arm laying on his chest, without waking her up, but it was harder than expected. Jade apparently only had a light sleep, causing her eyelids immediately to flicker as he tried to stand up.

She made some weird noises with her mouth, while squinting her eyes together in disgust. "Ugh", she said. "I need to brush my teeth."

"I'll get you a toothbrush", Luke replied, knowing exactly what she meant. Waking up after a night of vomiting, was disgusting. The aftertaste it left in your mouth, the dryness of your tongue, there really wasn't anything appealing about it.

He walked over to the room right next to his, which served as the bathroom, and began looking for a spare toothbrush in the cabinet right under the sink. There were some spare razors, bath bombs and tampons his mom must have stored there. He dug deeper, finally finding a toothbrush set at the very back that was still in its package.

Jade had entered the bathroom as well in the meantime and had taken a seat on the side of the bathtub. "How do you do it?", she asked in a low voice.

"Do what?", Luke wondered, standing. He ripped the package, taking one of the brushes out and giving it to his girlfriend.

She took it, but then looked down at her feet. "Vomit every time you drink", she shrugged, as if she tried to downplay it.

"It's not really something I can control", he scratched his neck. This was uncomfortable. Of course he didn't like it, but he couldn't help it.