ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ-ꜰᴏᴜʀ - ᴊᴀᴅᴇ - ᴄᴀɴ ɪ ᴋɪꜱꜱ ʏᴏᴜ ᴏɴᴇ ʟᴀꜱᴛ ᴛɪᴍᴇ?

Songs of the chapter

The story of another us – 5sos

Place in me – Luke Hemmings

Love you goodbye – one direction

34 | Jade | can I kiss you one last time?

Sunday

The next morning when Jade woke up, she wished she hadn't. She pulled the blanket over her head and curled up. What had gotten into her?

The sleep had made room for clarity.

She realised that she hadn't actually been angry at Luke, but at her parents, and Luke had just happened to be there and became the scapegoat.

Jade hated herself. Why was it that she was once again hurting the people she loved the most?

What she had said to Luke last night were words that should never have been said, words she didn't even think to be true. Even if they were partly true and Luke really did need Jade's support a lot of the time and it was a bit much for her sometimes, it was generally something she liked to do.

And she also knew that Luke only came over in such a state when something really terrible had just happened. But she had sent him away.

She had never felt so guilty.

And all because her parents had screwed everything up. She should have yelled at them, not at her boyfriend. It wasn't his fault.

So she knew if she wanted to make thigs right, an apology was needed. A good one. After forcing herself to get out of bed and putting on some new clothes, she went to the store to buy some flowers, before heading to Luke's house.

She didn't know if he would be happy about the flowers to be honest. During the time she dated Mason she hadn't gotten him flowers once, but flowers were nice and she couldn't see a reason why anyone wouldn't like them.

And in movies whenever the guy fucked up, he brought a bouquet. Well, Jade wasn't a guy, but she had fucked up too, so she figured that it couldn't be too far off.

Luke opened the door. His eyes had big black dark blue bags underneath. "I'm so sorry about yesterday", Jade said.

Luke took a step back so she could walk in. "I brought you this", she smiled feebly, although she didn't feel like it at all.

Last night just kept repeating itself over and over again inside of her head, meaning every part of it. From the moment she had gotten home, to the running around in the rain to the fight, too many things had happened and too little of them were actually great. None of them were.

Luke too didn't look too happy. He did accept her offer, but he didn't show any emotion. There wasn't even a twitch in his eyebrows. "Thanks", he said, and that was about it.