Qᴜᴀʀᴀɴᴛɪɴᴇ - ʟᴜᴋᴇ'ꜱ ᴘᴇʀꜱᴘᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇ

A/N: if you've read Quarantine you don't need to read this chapter. As it is basically the whole story all over again but this time from Luke's perspective and with less details.

If you didn't read Quarantine, this is your chance to know what happened. It's possible to understand this book by only reading this chapter but not the whole first book, however there is a chance that you don't get all references.

No matter if you're new or an old reader, I recommend you to read both, the first part of the story and this chapter in order to have the best understanding of the story as a whole

♛ ♛ ♛

Qᴜᴀʀᴀɴᴛɪɴᴇ - ʟᴜᴋᴇ'ꜱ ᴘᴇʀꜱᴘᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇ

It was early in the morning, when Luke woke up to the sound of a closing door and made his way to the living room to check what was going on.

The only thing that he found was silence and a short note left by his parents that said that they'd be gone for a week and that he'd be staying at Calum's for a while.

He was not surprised that they hadn't informed him earlier and he wasn't surprised either that they didn't think it had been necessary to tell him where exactly they went. The only thing that the blond-haired boy hadn't expected was that they knew his best friend's name.

He went back to his room, opened a big suitcase and threw a bunch of clothes in it, not really paying attention to what exactly they were, before he closed it again, he sat on his bed, pulling his phone out to send his best friend a message, asking when he could come over already.

It was only seven am but Luke couldn't wait to leave the house, he was supposed to call home, behind and walk down a few streets until he reached the Hood's house.

Luckily, Calum immediately answered like he always did, telling him that he was welcomed at any time, even if it was three in the morning.

His ice blue eyes lit up as he read the message, feeling less empty from one second to another but a bit angry too that the dark haired boy felt more like family than his actually family did.

Not thinking about it twice, he walked to his parent's liquor cupboard and grabbed the first bottle he could find which turned out to be a bottle of vodka. He knew that it probably wasn't a clever decision, but he didn't care, so he threw the bottle in the suitcase too and closed it.

Yes, Calum was there too and he would feel a bit better because of that already, but in the end there was only one way to make him feel completely numb.

He grabbed the suitcase with one hand and more or less ran out of the house, not even turning around to check if the door was locked properly.

Who cares if someone broke in, he thought to himself, maybe if he was lucky, they'd even burn it down.

The first evening of his staying, he sat together with Calum and his family at the kitchen table when he caught Jade frowning her eyes at him.

She was Calum's by one year younger sister and even though the two boys had been friends for a while, he had never really talked to her, but only admired her beauty whenever he came to visit or crossed her path at school.

He had a strong gut feeling that she didn't like him and he'd lie if he said that it didn't bother him even though it shouldn't.

All their phone buzzed and Mrs. Hood read the notification that appeared on everyone's phone that informed them that the whole town would be under lockdown, what meant that no one was allowed to leave the building they were in for an undefined amount of time due to the Corona virus.