ꜰɪꜰᴛᴇᴇɴ - ᴄᴀʟᴜᴍ - ɪ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ʙᴇʟɪᴇᴠᴇ ɪɴ ꜱᴏᴜʟᴍᴀᴛᴇꜱ

songs of the chapter

Ready to run – one direction

Catch fire – 5sos

15 | Calum | I don't believe in soulmates

When Jade went on stage to perform together with Luke, Calum took over her place which unfortunately was next to Maureen. It wasn't unfortunately in the sense of him not wanting to sit next to her but more because it made him feel really nervous.

During the whole performance of his sister and his best friend they kept quiet, just sat next to each other and watched it and therefore it wasn't even weird or unnatural.

It started to get uncomfortable, when the song was finished and the principal entered the stage, starting to babble about boring stuff like a detailed recap of the whole corona situation and how it would affect this school in the future and everyone around them started to whisper as paying attention was just too boring.

Calum found it boring too but he didn't know what he could say to start a conversation with the girl sitting next to him who was obviously dulled out by the whole situation as well.

"Do you want to get out?", he asked instead. Everything spectacular had already happened and the event would from now on only consist of speech after speech, there was no way he'd endure all that for another hour or maybe even two.

"Yes, please", she sighed out in relieve, as if she had only been waiting for him to ask her.

As soon as the two of them left the building, Calum grabbed with his arm into the side pocket of his leather jacket and pulled out his cigarettes and a lighter. "You want some?", he asked Maureen, with one of the thin sticks stuck between his teeth.

She shook her head. "I don't smoke"

"I know", Calum shrugged, stuffing everything back into his pocket. "It wouldn't be the first time you shared a smoke with me though."

"Yeah, well...", her voice turned really quiet, almost inaudible, "I wasn't at my best the last time."

He saw her staring down at her feet, shifting her weight from one side to the other.

"It's fine, I'm not forcing you to smoke", he tried to lift the mood with a little smirk, "I just wanted to show some manners."

His attempt was successful and her fuzzy head looked up again with a stolen smile playing around her lips.

"So, manners huh?", she laughed out, whereupon Calum only nodded proudly. "I doubt that."

"Hey hey hey!", he rose his arms in defense, but even though he tried to look serious, there was a grin in the corner of his mouth that was trying hard to creep up. "My mom raised me to be an honorable man."