ꜰᴏᴜʀᴛᴇᴇɴ - ᴊᴀᴅᴇ - ʏᴏᴜ ᴅɪᴅɴ'ᴛ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴛᴏ ʟɪᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴇ

song of the chapter

Jet black heart – 5sos

14 | Jade | you didn't have to lie to me

Friday

The day had come and it was time for Jade to get onto the stage. Right now Luke and his friends were performing a cover song and right after that and another speech of the headmaster, it would be Jade's and Luke's turn to sing waste the night.

She was standing behind the curtains, letting her eyes wander through the audience. There were quite a lot of people.

What was worse about it; people she somewhat knew. Friends and family of people that had been going to school with her. Some familiar faces she had started to remember as they had shown up on several events like this already.

It wasn't calming however because she knew if she messed this up, it wouldn't be the last she'd seen of the people around here. She knew she'd have to see them again one day, what would instantly remind her of the disaster she was about to put herself through.

However who she didn't see were Luke's parents.

She had talked to Luke only shortly about it because his parents had become an even touchier subject during the last few days than they had been before, and he had told her that they were going to see if they found the time.

It made her heart ache to drift her gaze through the crowd but not finding them.

It was extremely low, considering Luke had even asked them.

She didn't have the chance to inquire whether they had made their mind up, because she was scared of asking him about it after everything that happened the morning after the party.

Ever since that day, things had been a little tens.

Luke had showed up on her doorstep, completely wasted, although it was only four pm plus it was the day after the party, so he must have still been hungover.

And then they fought for the first time since they had been in a relationship.

It was really stupid why they fought, but she knew that they both had a part in it.

Luke was mad at her for trying to intervene in the fight he had with his parents because it wasn't her position to say when he was ready to confront them.

Jade thought that she hadn't even said much and that Luke was overreacting.

She also told him that if he wasn't ever going to say anything to his parents, things would never change what was just enough to drive Luke over the edge.

Even though Luke wasn't a yeller, he really wasn't there was one sentence he couldn't bring himself to say calmly, maybe because he was drunk. "I can't Jade! Don't you get it? I can't!" After that he just began to cry and Jade felt really bad.