ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ꜰᴏᴜʀ - ᴄᴀʟᴜᴍ - ᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ᴛᴏᴘ ᴏꜰ ᴏᴜʀ ʟᴜɢᴇꜱ

Songs of the chapter

Pink lemonade - the wombats

Happily – one direction

24 | Calum | at the top of our lunges

Thursday

Pink lemonade - the wombats

On this day at lunch, Calum sat alone outside, because he didn't feel like talking to his friends. There was a weird vibe in the group because Mason still appeared to be mad at Jade and so was Calum.

But Jade on the other hand tried to act like nothing happened. She desperately tried to bring a good vibe into the group but only ended up failing miserably, because no, Mason was not ready to laugh at her jokes.

She tried a lot to talk to him and somehow make him laugh, or maybe even a little smile just so she knew, there was still hope that he might forgive her one day, but so far, she hadn't been successful.

And Calum just didn't want to spend his time sitting in between them and having to bear with his sister's desperate tries.

He had done it the day before and wasn't going to do it again, so he sat outside on the bench and quickly ate his sandwich so he still had time to smoke.

Calum realized that sitting outside actually felt great. The fresh wind blowing against his face, it did clear out his head a bit.

"How's your eye?", a voice to his right appeared.

He didn't need to look up, he already knew it was Mason.

Calum shrugged. "It's okay, it looks worse than it is."

"May I?", Mason asked, pointing to the free seat next to Calum, whereupon he just nodded.

"I wanted to thank you for what you did for me", Mason mumbled. He looked down at his fingers which were playing with one another. "I feel really bad that you got suspended because of me."

Calum extinguished his cigarette at the bench. "It's not your fault I got in a fight. If you want to blame someone, blame Daxtor."

"But he... if only I wasn't gay... then-"

"Don't you dare finish that sentence," Calum turned in Mason's direction to get a better look at him. "No one deserves to be judged for who they are. For who they like. Daxtor is just a fucking asshole whose ego is already damaged just thinking about the fact that there are people who don't meet his ideas. His hatred for... people like you only comes from-"

Calum couldn't find the words to finish his sentence. He just didn't know how to put his feelings into words.

"When you bash people who are gay, much less people will ever suspect that you are that way yourself. I mean it could be that he's suppressing some feelings himself, but even if not. I feel like there are so many men who are afraid that if they're just being tollerant towards queer people that they're going to be associated with that right away, and that's just not right."