Prologue

🌷🧺🧠

'𝘥𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘮𝘭𝘢𝘯𝘥 0.0'
𝟶:𝟶𝟶 ──◍───── 𝟷:𝟹𝟶 ➛

Winnie stared at the boy who stared back at her. "You don't have cooties do you?" She asked, making the boy laugh while shaking his head. "What makes you think I would?" The eleven year old responded making the girl tilt her head. "I- I don't know." She said sheepishly.

The boy whom Winnie later found out was named George smiled at the girl. "I don't have any I promise. Do you want to play games now?" He asked, watching the girl shake her head yes but looking up at her mother for approval. Marinette smiled at her daughter ruffling the girl's hair. "Go on, little one."

⋆ ࣪. ᓚᘏᗢ

Time skip six years;

George stared at his best friend who was sitting on her bed reading a book her father had given her. He admired the way her head would tilt when they had gotten confused at a scene or a word asking him for help. He was only a few years older than her but she made it seem like he was ten years older and knows everything about everything.

"What does this word mean?" Winnie asked, looking over at the boy who had a small smile on his face. "It means love, wait no hope?" The boy said, making Winnie chuckle putting the book aside. "So wanna play games or just going to stare at me forever?" They asked, causing George to chuckle at the girl.

Winnie smiled, grabbing her bean bag and moving it next to the desk chair. She had to save months worth of chore money to buy a gaming set up to play with George. He'd beg her to get one since he had no close friends but them. "Um sure." George said scooting over so they could see the screen better.

⋆ ࣪. ᓚᘏᗢ

Time skip to 2020;

Winnie stared at her phone watching her friend stream on twitch. It was his first stream and she promised they'd watch it. "DREAM NO STOP!" The boy yelled, making Winnie laugh.

"Winnie, try streaming with me?" George said after three weeks of streaming and getting a decent amount of viewers every time he clicked the 'go live' button. Winnie smiled at him shaking her head. "That's your thing, silly." They said making George pout at the girl. "It could be our thing.." he mumbled.

"What was that?" Winnie asked, a brow raised at him a smirk on their face. George shook his head at her, making Winnie tilt her head. Nostalgia rushed through George remembering when they were just teens sitting in her room while they read a book. The way she tilted her head at it. A smile took over George's face, confusing the girl even more. "I promise it's worth it. You'll have fun! Just you see."

And that is what Winnie didn't see. The fun. While George's numbers got higher and he was getting paid enough to move they were stuck getting 15 viewers a stream. She always refused to use George for clout no matter how many times he told her it was okay.

They just couldn't do that. Eventually Winnie drifted away from the creator platform and George all together. Working as a librarian until she could finish college hoping it'd be worth it and she could get out of this idea of 'dreamland' that her and George had made together.