Chapter 12 - A Relaxed Afternoon

After spending an entire evening and more than half the night comforting his best friend, Yibo was still angry with Wooseok even after a few hours of sleep. For all his understanding of Wooseok's situation, somewhere Yibo's understanding also had its limits.

And this time, Yibo wasn't going to let his best friend's boyfriend get away with it again. Knowing exactly where Wooseok works and when he gets off work, he made his way there and waited for him in front of the office building.

Then when Wooseok came out of the office building 20 minutes later, Yibo walked straight up to him. He grabbed him by the wrist and dragged him with him to the other side of the street under one of the big trees. Wooseok wriggled and tried to break free, but Yibo didn't let go. "You stay here now and listen to what I have to say to you!" Yibo scolded.

"I have to go home. My parents are waiting for me with dinner." Replied Wooseok.

"I don't give a shit. You stay here and hear me out!"

"What do you want? If it's about Youn, I'll talk to him alone."

"You will stay away from him get it? You will leave him alone!"

"But we're a couple! We love each other."

"I don't see it that way after what I learned last night."

"That was only because I had no other choice."

"I don't believe you. You were alone with that woman in the café. So why hold her hand if your parents weren't there? Who are you trying to kid, anyway?"

"I didn't want her to think anything wrong of me."

"Bullshit! Don't give me that bullshit."

"Yibo I..."

"Yibo?" Yibo heard from beside him from a voice that was by now very familiar to him.

Smiling, Yibo spun around and replied, "Zhan? What are you doing here?" They hugged each other in greeting.

"I was in my office. It's around here. And what are you doing here?"

"I'm here to say something to my best friend's dishonest boyfriend."

"I see. And you must be the dishonest boyfriend then?" Zhan asked, holding his hand out to Wooseok.

Yibo grabbed Zhan's hand and pushed it down. "Don't be so kind to him. He doesn't deserve that!"

Zhan put his arm around Yibo's shoulder and asked, "What happened?"

"Youn caught him with a woman in a cafe, holding hands and having fun."

"Youn is your best friend right?"

"Mn."

"And he was hurt when he saw that."

"Mn."

"Good, I guess that's understandable. And did the two of them talk about it?"

"Mn. They argued. So much so that Youn was broken-hearted. And Wooseok is lying, too. He said he only met her because her parents wanted to set them up with each other. But if that's true, why do they hold hands on the first date? Who would do that if they just met and aren't even on this date by choice?"

"Good point Yibo. And what does Wooseok have to say about that?"

"I um... I didn't meet her for the first time. It was the fourth date." Replied Wooseok haltingly.

"And it didn't happen for the first time Zhan! Youn had caught him once before. But with a different woman. He doesn't dare tell his parents about his relationship with Youn. Okay, I understand. But then why does he go on these dates and play the interested one and even hold hands with the women?" Scolded Yibo.