Chapter 28 - Time out at the hotel

Still on the way to the hotel, Yibo did not believe that he could really relax there. But as soon as he arrived there and stood on the balcony of his room, looking out into the open air, he was able to take a deep breath for the first time since the fight with Zhan. He felt that he was in the right place at that moment to gather his thoughts and feelings.

That evening, as Yibo sat on his balcony under the stars, he was able to think for the first time about the argument and how Zhan was right about Yibo not trusting him. It's not that he doesn't trust him in general. But whenever there is a lot of money involved and his knowledge that Zhan would do anything for him, as he has said so many times, he began to have doubts.

Yibo grew up in poor circumstances and was happy when he got some pocket money now and then. Because his father's income was not even enough for a slightly larger apartment, where his parents would have had their own bedroom and did not have to sleep in the living room. Every new purchase, every single expense had to be discussed and thought about carefully beforehand. And that's how Yibo kept it after his parents threw him out on the street.

But since Yibo started dating Zhan, he often witnessed how easy it is for Zhan to buy things without having to think about it. He had even offered Yibo several million yuan for just one night with him, and just as if that amount was nothing. And even when they went shopping together, it often seemed to Yibo that Zhan didn't care how much money it would cost him.

So, in Yibo's eyes, it was not completely groundless to assume that Zhan might have given this money to his parents. But Yibo also realized that he had prejudged him and didn't think. He just accepted it and was not willing to consider any other possibility. Because when it came to money, Yibo didn't know how far Zhan would go and where his limits were. Because so far he did not experience Zhan setting any financial limits.

He can't figure out Zhan when it comes to money. And therefore it is difficult for him to trust Zhan in these matters. Even though he actually knows that he can definitely trust him. Because with everything else, Yibo has no problem trusting Zhan completely.

After all the back and forth of the last week in which Yibo had a lot of time to think and especially after he was finally able to think clearly again that evening, Yibo also finally realized that Zhan definitely couldn't have done it. Because in his heart, he already knew that Zhan wouldn't do something like that to him.

Zhan would never betray Yibo and do anything behind his back. And Youn was right when he said that Zhan kept telling him that he wouldn't do anything that Yibo didn't want or could hurt him. Now it annoyed him that he hadn't thought of that right away and let his errant thoughts and feelings get the best of him.

And that first night in the hotel and under the starry sky, Yibo realized that he must sincerely apologize and explain to Zhan. He has to fix it somehow. Because one thing is absolutely certain, Yibo does not want to lose Zhan! There would be nothing worse for him right now than to lose Zhan. Therefore, he has to come up with something to get Zhan to listen to him so that he can apologize to him honestly.

Also, Yibo told himself that he needs to work on having trust in Zhan as well when it comes to money. He can't have trust in Zhan about everything and then suddenly not have trust in him just because it's about money.

But before Yibo sets out to figure out how to make it back into Zhan's heart, he wants to use the time to work on himself. He wants to come clean with himself again and deal with his worries and fears. Because only then can he approach Zhan openly and honestly and talk to him.

After Yibo had slept until noon the next day, he ate a snack in the hotel's own small restaurant and then went on an hour-long hike through nature. He kept listening to the same ballad that he and Zhan love so much, trying to rid himself of all dark thoughts.