Chapter 26 - Bad fight

A/N: Let's create some fire. Let's put salt in the soup. Otherwise, it would be too boring if everything is always great.

Actually, Yibo could not be happier. He is in love, his boyfriend loves him very much and they have a very passionate and equally loving and harmonious relationship. His boyfriend's siblings also like him and he recently spent a weekend with Zhan at his big sister's house in Taiwan.

But the weekend in Taiwan also made it clear to Yibo that he definitely takes his relationship with Zhan very seriously and can imagine a future with him. And also the weekend afterwards, which he and Zhan spent in a spa hotel, made it very clear to Yibo how much he wants a future with Zhan and how much he loves him by now.

And because everything was going so well between him and Zhan, Yibo decided two weeks after his visit to Taiwan to see Zhan's sister that he didn't want to wait any longer and finally tell his parents about Zhan and his relationship with him. Actually, he wanted to wait until his big brother talked to their parents.

But Yibo found it hard to wait any longer. He had to tell his parents. He wanted them to know that he was in a relationship with a man and that he was really happy for the first time. He also wanted to prove to Zhan that he was serious about the relationship, so he decided to spend a weekend with his parents and then talk to them.

Since Yibo wanted to talk to his parents alone first, because he didn't know how they would react and because there was no room in their two-room apartment anyway, Yibo decided to go to his parents alone. Zhan flew back to Taiwan to visit his sister again and to pick up Yibo's new custom-made suit.

When Yibo informed his parents that he was coming, they gave him a new address since they had meanwhile moved. Yibo was very surprised by this, as they could not actually afford to move.

He drove to the new address and was again amazed when he saw what kind of neighborhood his parents now live in. A very well kept neighborhood where the upper middle class lives and every three floor modern few years old house has a community garden.

And the amazement continued when Yibo entered his parents' apartment, which is not only slightly larger than the old one, but also completely newly furnished. Everything was new, the furniture, the electrical appliances and even the clothes of his parents were completely new. Had his parents taken out another large loan?

Since Yibo did not want to ask his parents simply about it and was still much too speechless, he accepted all the innovations for now and postponed the questions to later. But he didn't have to wait long before he got the first answers to unasked questions, because his parents told him that they now both had well-paid jobs. His dad works as a project manager in a company and his mom works as a cook in a good restaurant.

Although Yibo was happy for both of them, it still gave him cause for wonder. Where did they suddenly get these well-paying jobs? And was their income enough to change their whole lives like that? And who hired his mom as a cook in a good restaurant, even though she never trained as a cook?

More and more doubts and questions spread in Yibo's mind and he got a strange feeling that he hoped he was wrong. All Friday night, however, he tried to ignore this strange feeling. In fact, he managed to wait until Saturday night to ask his questions, but then he couldn't take it anymore. He simply had to know how it all came about. When a bank statement of the two of them fell into his hands by chance and he saw that they had 10 million yuan in their account, he couldn't stand it any longer.

Yibo: "Mom, Dad, can I ask you something?"

Dad: "Of course."

Yibo: "Where did all this money come from?" He showed up the bank statement and pointed to the large amount of money.