Chapter 31 - Conversations

Youn looked with a broad smile at Yibo and Zhan, who were kissing each other intimately, and secretly took a picture of them that he sent to Lana. He was happy that the two of them got along again, even though it almost went wrong when it looked to Yibo at first as if Zhan was dating someone new.

Even Youn was perplexed at first, though he knew that Lana wanted to see Yibo and Zhan together again as much as he did, so she certainly wouldn't have sent anyone with him if he were romantically interested in Zhan. Therefore, he was quickly reassured. And he was incredibly happy when he saw Zhan and Yibo coming back to the club hand in hand.

After an hour, Youn turned to Wooseok and asked, "Should we go? Zhan's brother-in-law already went back to the mansion half an hour ago and our couple in love won't notice us anyway. Let's give them their space."

Instead of answering, Wooseok just nodded and took Youn's hand to go home together with him. The two turned briefly to Zhan and Yibo and told them that they were leaving now and were already looking forward to a night in their apartment, which they were now guaranteed to have all to themselves again and no longer have to worry about Yibo.

When the two friends left, Yibo sat down on Zhan's lap, kissed him passionately and said, "I'm glad I have you back."

"You hadn't lost me. We just needed distance to calm down." Replied Zhan, pulling Yibo closer to him by simply grabbing both butt cheeks and pushing Yibo towards him.

"Why did you forgive me anyway?"

"Why? Mhhh, I told you before, I made mistakes then didn't I?"

"Yes."

"And I've learned from those mistakes. I wasn't always fair to Ten or my ex-wife back then either. I was often annoyed because of all the stress. Studying, my relationship, my marriage, and my parents. Especially my dad. And I think my biggest mistake was not giving Ten a chance to explain himself after the fight with him. I was angry, I felt I was in the right, and I didn't care about anything else."

"I understand. So similar to me. I was angry too and felt I was in the right. I didn't listen to you and just assumed it could only have been you doing all that behind my back."

"After I calmed down, I thought about your accusations and I realized that you really couldn't think of anyone else. After all, you don't know that many rich people."

"Exactly. And I still don't know who it was."

"Do you want me to tell you?"

"You know?"

"Mn. I thought I'd do some research. Because I also wanted to know who was responsible for the fight with my baby."

"And?"

"Well, it wasn't about you, so to speak. It was about your brother."

"Huh? So it was Cheng?"

"No. Cheng couldn't give away that kind of money."

"Then who was it?"

"Your brother's ex boyfriend. Or actually the ex fiancé. Your brother proposed to him romantically, he accepted, and a few months before the planned wedding, your brother backtracked because he had a sudden intuition."

"What?"

"Yes. He realized that if he married this Meng Yao, then he would also drag him into your parents' debt. So to save him from that, he had not only called off the wedding, but ended the whole relationship right away."

"I had no idea that my brother could be such a complete idiot. To end the whole relationship right away is just way over the top, isn't it?"

"Mn. Well, Meng Yao left with a broken heart and started working for a big company in an executive position. He earned a lot of money and saved all that. You see, his goal was to use the money to pay off your parents' debts and free your brother from his obligation to help his parents financially."