Chapter 33 - Troublemakers

A/N: My fever is gone again. I only have a slightly elevated temperature now. So I started to write this chapter. Don't worry, I'll rest a little bit more. Later or tomorrow, hopefully, it will continue as usual with the daily dose of updates.

Actually, Zhan and Yibo had imagined the rest of the evening after their visit to the cinema differently. They were already completely in the mood, wanted to indulge in their love game in their playroom, Zhan was even handcuffed to the bed, when they were interrupted by the doorbell.

Confused as to who was coming to see them at night, the two looked at each other questioningly. They even briefly considered simply ignoring the ringing and continuing, not stopping and devoting themselves completely to each other, as they had planned and absolutely wanted. But then it rang again and again and again. And finally they gave up! Grumpily, Yibo unleashed Zhan again and the two of them, dressed only in bathrobes, went downstairs to see who was the troublemaker who had spoiled their fun.

Side by side, they walked down the stairs and to the front door as the doorbell kept ringing. When they arrived at the front door, Zhan turned on the small monitor that showed them the images from the security camera above the front door. "Zoey?" Zhan asked quietly and Yibo just looked at him confused.

Zhan opened the door and the completely drunk Zoey practically fell into his arms. Slurring her words and laughing, she clung to Zhan and urged him to kiss her. Again and again she tried to kiss him while Zhan pushed her away and Yibo could only stand there in disbelief and watch stunned. He hadn't even known how to react to that.

But maybe the reason Yibo was so distraught was because it reminded him of the day Emily had forced her way into his room and tried to force him to make love to her, kiss her, and take her back.

And just like Emily, Zoey, who had actually always been Zhan's loyal and kind personal assistant and never seemed to be the crazy person she now apparently was, also seemed inhumanly strong. At least it seemed to Yibo that Zhan had a lot of trouble keeping his assistant at a distance. And probably that was normal, as drunk as she was.

After a while of her pestering and constant advances to Zhan, he was slowly losing his patience. He was still trying to keep her away from him gently and in a calm voice, but Yibo saw a switch apparently flip in Zhan and this switched Zhan into his "killer" mode.

Not that Yibo had ever seen Zhan in that mode, he just imagined it that way every now and then. But at that moment Yibo could have sworn he saw exactly how this killer mode was activated. He was therefore also very surprised that Zhan still managed to stay so calm despite everything, but also wondered how long this would continue to go so well.

Yibo also remembered Zhan telling him about his long friendship with Zoey. He assumed that was the reason Zhan remained so calm. After all, the two had known each other for a very long time, since their school days, and had always been friends. And for a while, they were even more than that. So, even before Zhan was married and before he found out that he liked men and had plenty of romps with fellow females back then.

Sometimes when Yibo thought about Zhan and Zoey being a couple for a short time, even though it was almost 15 years ago now, Yibo felt jealous when he saw how well Zhan and Zoey got along and that sometimes she just had to look at him to understand what Zhan was trying to say. Yibo had witnessed more than once how she would look at Zhan and forestall him, saying she would take care of this or that. And every now and then she would complete his sentences. She always hugged him in greeting, and often Yibo noticed her "accidentally" touching Zhan when they were sitting close together, bent over some papers.

There was even a moment when Yibo almost burst with jealousy when he saw Zoey resting both arms on Zhan's shoulders as he showed her some things in a document. She was resting her upper body on Zhan's back as she did so, and Yibo didn't like that at all.He had cleared his throat falsely to get attention and gave Zhan a "are you serious look?" before stomping off angrily and Zhan hastily followed him.