Chapter 47 - A Family (Last Chapter)

The same evening after they had taken little Yuan in and digested the first shock, Zhan and Yibo talked again about how to proceed. Although they had agreed without further ado to take little Yuan in and even set up a room for him, there were still many unanswered questions. Maybe that's why they hid it from the family at first? Because instead of calling them and asking for help, they called various friends who then helped them set up the nursery.

One question of this was, could they really believe Emily? Although even Yibo could not deny the resemblance between him and little Yuan, and could not trust even this scheming Emily to tell such a lie, still rest doubts remained in him. Yibo no longer immediately believed everything and after all, he is no longer the same man from back then who firmly believed that Emily was a kind-hearted, loving woman with whom he might spend the rest of his life.

Yibo has matured, grown up, since he started dating Zhan. He learned a lot from Zhan, including the fact that one should not believe everything immediately and should rather check everything a second time. And that's exactly why he discussed with Zhan that evening that they should have a paternity test done. And preferably immediately and before they got too emotionally attached to little Yuan. And until they would have the results, they didn't want to tell their families and closest friends about Yuan yet either.

So on Monday morning, instead of going to work, the two went to their family doctor and asked him to help them with the analysis to determine paternity. The doctor took saliva samples from Yibo and Yuan and promised to make an effort to have the test done quickly to give them both certainty.

They also went to a lawyer and had the letter and documents notarized by the notary public reviewed. Everything seemed to be in order. However, the lawyer advised them to register little Yuan at their address as soon as possible after the paternity has been established and to make it official, so that Emily cannot come later and take the little one away from them again. As long as it turns out that Yibo really is the biological father of Yuan and the two are willing to raise the little one as their son.

Although the family doctor promised that it would be quick, they still had to wait three weeks for the results of the paternity test. Three weeks in which they did not go to the office and worked from home, and three weeks in which it was impossible for them not to take Yuan into their hearts. After only a few days, the little guy was not only used to his new home, but also to his two fathers. He happily called Yibo Daddy and Zhan Dad, ran after them all day in the house and turned everything upside down.

Again and again, the little man caused laughter and cuddled a lot with his fathers. And without them noticing, he crept into their hearts. And when the longed-for letter from the lab finally arrived, it was no longer just a question of whether Yibo was really Yuan's biological father, but whether Yuan would remain a part of their family. Because even then, they couldn't imagine not having this happy cheeky boy around anymore.

With trembling hands Yibo opened the letter, but did not dare to take out the letter and read what the analysis revealed. And Zhan, surprisingly, had not been able to do so either. Finally Lana took over. She took the letter out of the envelope, read it for a moment, and said, "Well, Yibo, it looks like you're going to continue being a daddy. Paternity is 99.9998% confirmed. He's your son!"

Relieved, even though he couldn't even imagine being a daddy someday until three weeks ago, he and Zhan wrapped their arms around each other. Yuan just looked at the two of them in confusion and offered his teddy bear to his daddy, who had tears in his eyes, for comfort. "Here daddy. Teddy make ow away." He said, immediately making Zhan and Yibo laugh. Yibo took Yuan in his arms and kissed his chubby cheeks.

While Zhan was on the phone with the lawyer asking him to take care of the official things so that Yuan would not only stay with them but also get their last name Wang Xiao, Yibo excitedly called the families and closest friends of the two and asked them all to join them at the villa on Saturday afternoon. He did not want to tell them yet what had happened in the meantime and that their parents were now grandparents as well.