Chapter 18

3 weeks passed after Izabela's date with Akira. She was really pleased with it, because it wasn't something too extravagant and she enjoyed herself, happy to retrieve her memento from the past. At work she talked with Rebecca about it and she was happy for her best friend.

Recently, Iza saw that Rebecca started to act differently than normal. She often excused herself heading to the bathroom and was pale. She also couldn't eat anything and was nauseous all the time, so Iza asked their manager to let Rebecca go home for the rest of the week to improve her condition. The man allowed that, and Rebecca was grateful to him for it. Iza decided to talk about it with her, and since it was 3 pm on Tuesday, they took their belongings and went to the parking lot. Since Rebecca's nausea didn't want to leave the poor woman be, Iza offered to drive her friend, not wanting her to cause something bad while driving home. "Hey Iza?" "Yes Rebecca?" "I feel like crap." "No offense Becks but you also look like one."

"Haha, very funny. I've been feeling like this for over 2 weeks. My stomach feels funny and I can't focus even on the simplest of things." "Maybe that's from stress? Are you by any chance overworking yourself?" "Pffft, with you by my side it's impossible to stress over work, unless I'll piss you off." "Hmm. Wait have you recently checked your menstruation cycle?" "Yeah and nothing has changed." Iza then thought to herself and decided on something. "You know what, Becks? Let's go to the hospital and do some check up on you. I have my theory, but it might be wrong so it's better to ask a doctor." "What are talking about? What do you mean you have a theory?" "It might be wrong so I'd prefer for doctor to diagnose you." "Argh, okay. It's not like I have something to loose."

...

After arriving at hospital Iza and Rebecca had a chance to find a doctor, who didn't have any patients and took them without an appointment. After doing some blood and urinal tests, the doctor came back with the results in a rather happy mood. "So what's wrong with my friend, doctor?" "I have the results here and they seem promising." "What? Am I sick or something doctor? Please, I don't want to die! I'm too young to leave this wonderful world! What about Lucian?! My dear husband, I'm sor-" "Rebecca, calm your tits down. The doctor hasn't said anything yet and you're already overly dramatic." After these simple words, Rebecca turned into a strawberry after realizing how much she embarrassed herself. "So doctor, what's wrong with her? I know she doesn't act normal but don't worry about her mental state."

The doctor held in his laughter after this funny situation, calmed down by breathing and with a smile on his face he finally said the cause of the woman's misery. "Well, miss Wolf. You're nearly a month pregnant. Three weeks, to be exact." Rebecca was dumbfounded, while Iza wasn't surprised, since to her all of the symptoms seemed to be the signs of pregnancy. "B-but it's impossible! I had a normal period a week ago! I can't be possibly pregnant!" "Well miss, the results show otherwise. Either way, congratulations! You will be a mother soon!" When hearing that one line, Rebecca suddenly fell on the bed and fainted. The doctor wanted to intervene when Iza put her hand on his shoulder and spoke to him. "Don't worry sir. She's already done it so many times that I've practically mastered a method that will always wake her up."

She then cleaned her throat and suddenly yelled. "Rebecca, watch out! Your mother-in-law is here!" Suddenly the pregnant girl frantically straightened herself up and with anxiety in her eyes hid behind the hospital bed and said "What?! Where?!" The doctor looked at the duo as if they just took some weed. Then he and Iza couldn't contain their laughter in any longer and bursted out laughing. Rebecca then understood the situation and was furious at Iza, for pulling such a prank like that on her. "Are you out of your freaking mind?! For a moment my life flashed before my eyes! You know how much my mother-in-law hates me!" "Pfffftt, I just had to do it. Otherwise, you would cause this poor doctor over here to have a heart attack. Besides, it always works and no harm comes to you." Rebecca started pouting, while Iza started patting her shoulder in a reassuring gesture. After that, they started to talk about all the typical stuff regarding pregnancy. Rebecca soon calmed down and listened to the man, who told her about everything she already went once through.