Chapter 62

"How is he?" Iza asked, rushing in the hospital. "He's alive and even good, but some of his ribs got broken." Alice said, trying to keep up with her friend's quick pace. "Luckily the doctor is a beastman, so he'll be able to perform the breaking by himself." Audrey said when they reached up to his room. "What do you mean breaking?" Both Iza and Alice looked at Audrey confused. Audrey at this sighed. "If his ribs start to regenerate too fast, the bones might regrow back the way they were left. And this would pierce through his organs, causing him more suffering and misery. That's why, in cases like these, beasts mostly tend to ask someone they know to break their bones and make sure they are in their right places."

"... Sounds like Twilight, where this one guy needed his bones broken if you ask me." "Well the problem is similar, but worlds are different. This is real world and Twilight is something totally else. But I have to admit, the feeling of your bones healing is worse than it breaking." "How do you know that honey?" "I broke once my arm. After that experience I was more careful with how I move around. I get goosebumps when I think my big bro is having more than two ribs healing right now and probably being broken just to grow back again." "If I'd want to survive, I'd ask for painkillers." Alice added, clutching onto her future spouse and also feeling cold at the thought of hellish pain Michael must be going through.

"I hope they give him a good dose of these. He's tough but I'm sure he wouldn't stand this feeling." Audrey said, putting her hand on Alice's in reassuring manner. Just as Audrey said this last line, the doctor came out of the room. "So doctor, how's my brother? Did the procedure go as expected?" "Yes. For now the patient is resting but in case he acts funny after waking up, don't worry. Since we had to." And he gestured with a chopping motion, which all three of the girls understood. "Since we had to do it, we had to use painkillers as we had no anesthesiologist close by. Please, don't disturb him much." "But he's alive?" Izabela cut in. The man smiled at her worry. "He's fine miss. He is a tough man, even while going through procedure and his bones regrowing back quickly. Now excuse me ladies." And he left.

As they entered inside the room, except for them there was a nurse arranging something on the small cart and Michael sleeping soundly on his bed. When the nurse saw them, she asked them about the relationship to the patient and their identities. "Audrey Garcia, his sister." "Alice, fiancee of his sister." "Izabela Steinberg." "If you're no family then I'd like to ask you to leave." The nurse said to Iza. "She is a family." Audrey said, feeling annoyed by the nurse's behavior. After scanning each one with her eyes, the nurse told them about the man's current condition. She asked them to let him rest for now, as he must be exhausted after the accident. "Do you happen to know more about it? Like who caused the accident and if there are more wounded victims from it?"

"Unfortunately, I only know that this man and one lady were extremely injured. The rest were fine but I can't tell the names. Hospital policy, you know." "Yeah, got it. Will my brother be kept here longer?" "You have to ask the doctor about it. I'm only making sure he and other patients have everything. Plus I have to admit, for a beast he's very quick for regeneration." "Guess he's good then." Audrey said with honest relief. "Yeah. I would also like to know if anybody of the family will come here? To visit or something?" "Miss, I'm his sister actually." The nurse after looking her up and down looked at the man, who was laying down in his bed then back at her.

"You don't look too much alike in my opinion. He's definitely the good looking one from the two of you." "You-! Are you speculating something?" "Who knows? Maybe you have different parents because you really don't look alike." "You little!" Alice was about to jump at her but Audrey and Izabela stopped her by holding her by her waist. "Don't listen to her honey! She's not worth it!" Audrey tried to talk Alice out of attacking the nurse, but deep down she was grateful and impressed by her lover standing up to her. "What would she do to me, huh?" The nurse asked in a mocking tone. "Just so you know, you're annoying. And I was hoping to maybe try something with this hot stuff but you're his sister and I can't stand gay people. Also, did this kid just call you honey?" She said pointing to Alice.