Chapter 63

After that accident Michael seemed to visit her at work more often despite Izabela telling him to not do it. She didn't want him to go through such lengths just to always check on her, but with how often he visited her it would start some rumors. She didn't want to cause a commotion in the office, as due to beasts becoming braver each day was full of fights and surprises. She also noticed that despite her backing the beasts as human beings too, some of them weren't very grateful for it. It was as if they tried to avoid her for no apparent reason. She sometimes thought that she's now disliked by both humane and beastly colleagues.

Luckily her closest coworkers like Derrick and Rebecca never let her down. Rebecca was slowly starting to show her bump becoming bigger and Derrick also tried to cheer her up when she was down. Their way of treating her didn't change for better or worse. It was the same before which made the girl happy inside. But the way people who confessed to being beasts looked at her with a look of distrust and even expectation for something, made her feel slightly edgy for no reason. And the way the previously normal atmosphere was gone and replaced with heavy air and tension also didn't make the work more enjoyable.

When the break time came, Izabela decided to let her mind wander off for a bit. She tried to think of anything she did all of the people wrong. Whenever someone was mad at her, she always tried to find out herself the reason behind why she's not welcome by them. As nothing popped up, she sighed defeated and looked out the window. "What should I do?" As she thought about it, she came to conclusion that for now she should pay a visit to Akira's departament. She mostly wanted to visit him, but also needed to check in with the other department's work as she was told to check there from time to time.

As she was walking in direction of the office, she accidentally bumped into someone. "Sorry! Didn't mean to." The person she bumped into said. Then Iza shook her head. "It's my fault too. I was so lost in thought that I didn't look around me." When Iza looked up, she saw a girl around her age. She had blond, wavy hair and blue eyes. Slender figure and an innocent look on her face was what made her look like a doll. She was currently wearing smart clothes, but Izabela thought that she would look like a model even in rags.

The new woman she bumped into seemed to be a new hire, as Iza didn't recognize her face from any part of the office. Unless she was from the IT team or headquarters, where she hardly ever visited due to so much work. Not wanting to seem rude by staring at her, she raised her hand in her direction. "My name is Izabela. May I know what is your name, Miss?" "My name is Clover." "Clover? That's a really pretty name. I'm sure it gives you all the luck you can ask for in life."

"Thank you, many people think that way when I mention my name to them. It's actually a little annoying when everyone around me says that but I guess this is what happens when you have a name like that." "... Alright then. Sorry for being nosy but may I know where you're headed?" "Oh, I'm new here actually. You see, I'm a part-timer who just got hired recently. I was supposed to go and find the accounting office." "Oh, that's where I'm working. What brings you there?" "I was told to bring these files and papers there since, the company recently has made a purchase for supplies. These are the invoices I think." She replied while assembling the last papers that managed to slip out.

"Alright then. I didn't know that our company was recruiting new people." "I actually got here thanks to one of my friend's recommendation. Are you also a part-timer like me then? You seem to be around my age." "I'm actually full-time worker. In which department do you work?" "I actually work with the marketing team. They are really nice and, but please don't tell anyone, I met a really handsome guy there." "Oh, who is he then? Maybe I know him?" At this question Clover blushed a little. "I don't know his name yet, but I think he might be Asian. Though the color of his hair is unique and he kept telling someone that it's natural."