Chapter 23

After last Friday night, Izabela was more cautious, since first the bear beastman intruder at her house some time ago, and now this creepy stalker. She was grateful that each time she had some company that saved her from any dangers. But she still wondered about that tiger beastman which was in her house at that time too. Was he save? Did he eat well? Wasn't he accidentally caught or worse, killed by hunters? The girl thought to herself, while pulling from underneath her pillow her gun. Automatic Colt Pistol M1911A1. The girl had a license for this weapon, and for many more. But she didn't do it for herself.

Flashback

It was Izabela's 10th birthday. Her grandparents organized a little party for her to celebrate it in their new house. The party was amazing: guests who were mostly neighbors with their kids from the same street, delicious food and drinks like barbecue and coke, many games for kids and amazing gifts that girl got and carried them inside the house, since she preffered to open them after the party. Everybody enjoyed themselves.

When everything was over, all of the guests left to go back home. Izabela and her grandparents decided to tidy up the mess that was left, and eventually managed to make everything tidy. Then they decided to start unpacking the child's gifts when suddenly, a doorbell rang and everyone looked at each other, because the party was already over and they didn't invite anybody else over. Anna declared she will go get it and went there. After opening the door and seeing who was standing there, Anna gritted her teeth and tried to slamm the door back, but the man that stood there stopped her and forced the door open. When Izabela heard the noise of door slamming something, she and her grandpa looked at each other and went in direction of the sound. When Iza came there holding her grandpa's hand, she saw a couple. They weren't young, they seemed to be around the same age as the girl's grandparents. While Anna was saying something to them in a rather harsh tone and with a sour face, they had oddly cold smiles on their faces and calmly conversed with her. When Iza came in, everyone noticed her and at that moment, the couple ran to her and hugged her, while speaking to her in Polish. "Izunia!  It's so good to finally see you!" The girl stood there dumbfounded, because she didn't know these people and they seemed to change their cold demeanor into a much warmer one, like some switch. "I'm sorry but who are you, sir and ma'am?" The girl said still surprised. Then the woman stopped hugging her, took her face in her hands and started to examine it thoroughly. "Now that I see you, I know for sure. With no doubt you are Asia's daughter." "Stop it now, Maria! Why are you here? You never came earlier to visit Iza or even your daughter to see how she's doing. And now, you suddenly came to 'pay a visit to your granddaughter'?" "Ow, come on Anna! We just wanted the best for her but she chose differently and started a family on her own. Besides, we decided to pay a visit, especially after knowing about her and Adam's accident." "Hah, do you really think I'm that dumb? How old is Iza?" "What?" "Since you've 'missed her so much', this means that her age isn't that big of a riddle for you, is it?" Anna said, with venom lacing her voice. Maria and Tomasz, who was her husband, looked at each other taken aback and started whispering to each other. "Uhh, she's 8 years old?" Said the man. "She's 10. And the accident happened exactly 4 years ago. I would understand if you decided to visit us on the funeral, or at least after and try to make a bond with the girl. But to me, it's rather odd that you just now 'remembered' that you have a granddaughter." "Now now, Anna. It is true that they just now appeared. But we can't turn back time and I think it would be better for Izabela if she finally met another part of her family." "I don't know, Sasha. I have my doubts." "Don't worry Anna, I'll make sure everything is fine. Look, I have a proposition that would benefit all of us." Then the other 3 adults leaned closer to listen to the man. "If you really want to start creating some relationship with Iza, firstly we would like to visit you at your home. If it will be safe and warm enough for her, then we will let you start spending some time with her." "Of course it will be warm there! What are you, stupid? We would never let a child stay in a cold room!" Said Maria. Sasha didn't say anything. Anna on the other hand, sighed out of frustration, while massaging her forehead with her left hand, that was held on the elbow by her right hand and shaking her head in resignation. "Maria." "What?" "Sasha didn't mean a heated house. He meant a home, that won't scare the child away and will always make it feel at ease, while staying there. Tell me, do you still have those weird decorations there?" "What are you talking about? Our home is perfectly fine!" "Yeah, except of a few heads of decapitated lions or wolves." After hearing this, the newcomers were a bit embarrassed about Anna remembering it, while Sasha stood there bewildered. "What are you talking about, Anna? What heads of decapitated animals?" "It seems that you're not updated about their house arrangements. Well, your proposition isn't bad. We should make a field trip there, so you could see where Asia used to grow up. Even better: let's go there now." After hearing this, Tomasz was the one who spoke. "Huh?! No, I won't allow that!" "Do you see it Sasha? Since they are opposing so much it only proves my theory. If you wouldn't lie or have anything to hide, then you wouldn't resist such a simple thing." Anna said, while looking coldly at the couple, that actually started to fear her a little. "Anna please. Give them one last chance." "No. If I'm wrong and they don't have those creepy for a 10 year old girl decorations, then they wouldn't have a reason to oppose the idea so much. Thank you for your visit, but I'd be grateful if you stopped waisting our precious family time with our granddaughter." Anna was about to close the door before them, when Maria out of desperation stopped her. "Okay okay! You won, we'll take you to our house since we've already lost our daughter. We don't want to loose our granddaughter either." The woman said, approaching the girl and leaning down to caress the girl's cheek with her left hand. The girl didn't know how to react, so she simply stood there, letting the woman do as she wishes. "Alright then! Iza, go to your room. Granny Anna will join you there soon." The girl nodded, and obediently followed the man's request, leaving the adults alone. "You're really persistent Anna." The woman threw, while looking unimpressed at the woman. Anna then stopped in her tracks and turned around. She looked at them both with a cold gaze and a sinister smile. "Could it be that you've got something else to say, Marysia?" She said with sickly sweet voice. Maria after hearing it trembled slightly in fear and looked to the side, anxiety all over her face. "N-nothing." "I thought so." Anna said, turning on her heel and going directly to Izabela's room. "Wait Anna!" This time it was Tomasz who said that. "What?" "Why don't we do it tomorrow? Afterall, it's already late and I'm sure that Izabela is tired, aswell as you two." "He's right, Ania. Let's leave it for tomorrow. As you know, what is left hanging won't drown, right?" "Ugh, alright. But I still have my doubts." After hearing this, Maria clasped her hands in joy. "Excellent. So, see you tomorrow at lunchtime? Around 2 pm?" "Yes. Goodbye, see you tomorrow!" After saying their goodbyes, the couple left the house and Sasha locked the door behind them.