Chapter 46

"Hey Mike?" "Hmm?" "Do you ... Have sometimes problems with confessing your secrets to other people?" At this question Michael looked at Izabela, who somehow seemed to be worried by something. "Everyone does." "But do you have an issue like that sometimes?" "Yeah, I do. Why do you wanna know that?" "Just curious. Nothing much. Can I stay at your place tonight?" "Wow, now that's a nice surprise. But are you sure? If you want I can drop you off to your home's doorstep and then go back, since you shouldn't wander alone in the streets with your leg in that shape." Michael suggested, since he didn't want for the girl to get in trouble.

But she shook her head in refusal and stated that due to certain reasons she doesn't want to go back home. "Let me guess. The tiger is one of these 'certain reasons'?" "Yes." "I'm gonna have a word with that bastard-" "But the other one is me." "Hah? What are you talking about? Did you fight with that granny of yours and she won't let you in?" But the girl once again shook her head in denial. "No, between me and granny, everything is normal. It's just a tiny bit complicated between me and Akira. And now that it reminds me, it also includes you."

After this Michael looked at Iza. She seemed to have an inner conflict inside her mind, which caused her to become quiet. "Then let's bring it up when we're at my place." "Really?" "Sure. Guess you don't have anything to change into from these clothes?" He said, pointing to her clothing she had on. "N-no. Agh, I didn't think it through." "Relax. I'll give you some of my sweats so you won't be embarrassed. I'm sure they'll be far comfier than these high waist pants anyway."

"Haha, thanks for consideration. Shall we go then? Or shall you go while carrying me on your back piggy back style?" She giggled, only to yelp in surprise when the man took her into his hands by surprise. "Are you out of your mind? You scared me for a moment!" "Pfft, if you feel fear then that's the proof you're alive, sweetheart." He said mischievously, but eventually gave her a peck on her cheek so she would stop fuming at him. To his surprise, the girl stopped right away, slightly blushing from the gesture.

"Why are you so good at taking me by surprise?" "That's how I am. Now, I'll put you back down, because I'm short on money and hate to wait so long to get back home when there's a shortcut to my place, taking us not an hour but 15 minutes." "Oh. Then how are we going to be transported there? Even if I wanted, I would only slow us both down with my leg in that shape." "It seems you underestimate me too much." He said, while taking his jacket and then t-shirt off.

"Do you have spare place in your bag for my shoes?" "What for?" "Trust me, it will all be worth it." The girl wanted to retort, but decided to trust the man who's more unpredictable than anybody she has known in her life. Although she didn't have enough space in her bag, she remembered that she had a spare one tucked somewhere in it. When she found it, she took the man's shoes and packed them in it, while also taking his other clothes in her hands. "What are you gonna do now?" She asked, not understanding his point of all this.

Then Michael took a deep breath, closed his eyes and then there could be heard a sound that reminded her of bones breaking. When it was over, in front of Izabela stood a pitch black proud wolf, who looked at her with those piercing blue eyes of his. "Do you trust me in this?" He asked her, lifting his now slightly bigger, clawed hand in her direction. The girl was hesitant, as she didn't know what the man in front of her had going on inside his head. But before she knew it, she mindlessly put hers in his bigger one, giving him an obvious answer. Seeing this, Michael smiled at her timid behavior, that he didn't have a chance to see often.

He then gently put her hand on his chest, right above where his heart was beating steadily. When the girl didn't know what the man will come up once more, Michael swiftly placed his left arm behind her back, and his right one under her knees, lifting her up in one swift motion. The girl once again squeaked, from both surprise and shock. "Well then, off we go!" The man said, giving the girl her crutches so she could get a hold of them. "Wait a minute! What are you plannin-" But before she could finish, the man started running in direction of two close buildings, where there was a small gap between them. "M-Michael?! What are you up to!?" And before she could say anything else, the man got there and started jumping from one wall onto the other, until they finally were above the buildings. "We're going home."