Chapter 24

After reminiscing about her past, Izabela put her gun in her handbag for self-defense in case, someone sneaky followed her alone. Then she went to the kitchen and started making herself some breakfast, while news played on TV. "Recently,  the number of people wanting to coexist with beastmen has been rapidly growing. There are more protesters who peacefully demand for human-beastman legal interaction and for beastmen to be able to walk alongside humans. We will now talk to one of them to ask about their opinion for that." Then the presenter walks to a couple of young people and starts a conversation. "Hello, would you like to talk in front of the camera about your opinion regarding beastmen and human coexistence? Why do you protest against the current law and today's view on them?" "Hello. Actually, we think that beastmen deserve to be treated the same way as humans treat each other." "And why is that?" "Well, you see miss. Beastmen are very similar to us. On a daily basis, they walk alongside us in their human form. And they also want to simply live their life like we do. Afterall, in these modern times we should be more open minded to anyone, who isn't exactly the same to us, but similar in many aspects. Beastmen also care, love and protect those who they love. If they were oh so dreadful, then they would long ago dominated the world and we would be in their place today. And let's be realistic here: they have that power and possibility to do this. But unlike us, they are kind and intelligent enough to let go of the old grudges. That's my opinion." After hearing one of the men answer her questions, the woman thanked them for the short interview and turned to cameraman. "I must admit that this man had some good point in his opinion. But there is still too many hunter families, who highly oppose against this idea saying that we can't let our guard down since beastmen can attack anytime and anywhere. "

The girl after finishing her breakfast, tidied the kitchen table and turned the TV off. After changing her pajamas into something else and combing her hair, the girl looked at her phone and checked the time. "8 am. Alright, I'll better go and do some grocery shopping, since today is Saturday." On Saturdays she always does all the housekeeping stuff, like shopping for the rest of the week, taking care of her garden if needed and cleaning the house thoroughly. After making sure she looks decent enough, she took her handbag with the pistol and put there her phone, wallet with both cash and credit card, and some mentos for breath refreshing. She collected everything and took her car keys in her hand, when suddenly realization hit her like a truck. She left it at Rebecca's place since Michael brought her here last night! The girl then slumped down a bit, embarrassed to forget something like that. At that moment her phone made a sound of an incoming message. The girl took her phone out and saw that it was Akira.

Akira:
Hey Iza! I know that on
Saturdays you do shopping,
but do you need anything from the
store? Cause I will go do some
grocery shopping and thought
that you may need something.

After reading the message, the girl was in cloud seven. She never knew if someone from up there watched over her and decided to send such an angel as Akira himself, to her distress. Or if it was simply a coincidence which seemed more real. Either way, she replied immediately.

Izabela:
Akira, you're a lifesaver!
Yes, I'll gladly send you the
list of groceries that I need.
I'll return you the money next
time, I promise! Wait, I'll send
you a photo of it!

Akira:
Haha, don't worry.
Let's do it that way.
I'll do the shopping and
bring it to your house.
But, how come you are
actually asking me for
this?

Izabela:
Erm, you see.
Yesterday I was at Rebecca's
place. Because of some
circumstances Michael took
me home with his car and I
left my car at her place.
And today I don't have any kind
of transportation. 😑