Chapter 67

"Is there a reason you called me, manager?" Izabela was currently at Mr Oliver's office, right in front of his desk. "Yes. You see, I know that your love life isn't my business, but it's rather concerning that one of our workers here said she saw you doing some improper things at our establishment. I believe there's some explanation for it?" Izabela looked at him. The man was calm and seemed to not be too interested in the topic, but at the same time he needed to clear things up as he's responsible for affairs like these. "What improper things, if I may ask?" When she asked the man called to someone and asked her to wait.

Just a few seconds later Clover, with a big and confident smile entered the room. "Miss Clover, can you please tell me and Miss Izabela as to why I called her?" The girl then gave Izabela a side eye and then changed her mischievous grin to a face of an innocent child. "You see, sir. I've noticed that she's been seeing someone, who works for our company. And as I've heard, romantic relationships at work aren't a good example for others. Especially with Miss Izabela's position, she should know best that it's not a good thing to be-" "Enough. What exactly did she do? I didn't ask you for an opinion regarding the case."

For a moment Clover felt like she just got ignored and her eye twitched, which made Iza grin in satisfaction. "Yes sir, I'll show you right away." And then she took out her phone, unlocked it and put it in front of the manager. He only looked at the photo and then at Clover. "What is this?" "It's a proof. Isn't that obvious?" "Oh yeah? And what is this single photo supposed to prove?" He asked, now starting to show irritation towards Clover. The girl for a moment smiled awkwardly, not understanding what was happening. "W-well. That she's giving a bad example for people from our workplace obviously!"

"Haah. Miss Clover, do you have any idea what you just did?" "I don't understand?" "Do you realize, what trouble you just brought yourself into?" "What do you mean sir? I didn't do anything, it's her who abandons her responsibilities and allows herself to-" "Enough." The man silenced her, to which she jumped from shock caused by him hitting the desk. Izabela only looked at them, smiling inside at how the girl just digged up her own grave for herself. "Do you realize, that because of your petty behavior a good worker could have lost her job?" "But it's forbidden to-" "I didn't let you speak. Just some time ago, we hired you as you were recommended by one of our coworkers, who said good things about you.

And you, rather than focus on work and earning important knowledge and experience, decided to accuse one of the better and longer working here workers for something so small that it's not even logical. Do you realize, that she is the one who gives me weekly reports about all things happening in our workfare? She's the one who's responsible for those who work as bookkeepers and accountants. She, compared to you, works here longer and is more trustworthy than you." Clover then slammed her hands on his desk defiantly. "But she has affairs inside and outside the work!" Mr Oliver only sighed, while massaging his scalp.

"We hired you only because your friend recommended you, saying you're hardworking and dedicated to doing your best at work. And what are you doing? Trying to start a commotion at a place, which isn't a nail salon for gossip but a building company, where people should focus on work. If I hear anything, any rumors regarding Miss Izabela having any sort of romantic relationships inside or outside our company, there won't be any second chances and you can say goodbye to working for us." "But!-" Clover tried to argue back but got stopped right away by man's angered face, which was a very rare sight of him.

"No buts. Now." And he pointed his attention to Izabela, who waiting for anything to happen. "Miss Izabela, did she harass you or did something that might be considered mobbing?" At this Izabela looked at Clover with a smirk, to which she looked at her bewildered. "No sir. There wasn't anything big that happened to me." "If she ever does anything like this, you can always tell me. Are we clear?" The man asked, his tone professional but less cold than when it was aimed at Clover. "Yes sir. If there happens any incident like this one in the future, I shall tell you about it right away." "Good. You're excused." "Thank you. Goodbye sir." Izabela said, leaving the room with Clover and Mr Oliver inside.