The Date

Hana arrives at the telephone area and Bun Ok holds out the telephone for her

Hana arrives at the telephone area and Bun Ok holds out the telephone for her. Just as she is about to reject the call, Ms. Pi suddenly shows up and takes the phone, putting it in Hana's hand.

"Talk to your mother." Ms. Pi says in a stern tone.

"I don't want to." Hana says, looking away with a frown.

"I've been informed by your mother that you've been refusing her calls for weeks now. She's very upset about it. Now answer it."

Hana sighs, taking the phone and putting it to her ear. "Eomma."

"You actually answered this time. Come see your father and I this weekend."

Bun Ok who is trying not to be obvious ends up receiving a look from Ms.Pi to stop being so nosy and immediately looks away.

"Sorry but I'm going on a date this Saturday. I have to go..." Just as she is about to end the call, she ends up receiving a glare from Ms. Pi. "Umm... Maybe this Sunday?" She squeaks, swallowing the lump in her throat.

"Wait a date? Who are you going on a date with?!"

"Gotta go! See you this Sunday!" 

Hana quickly gives the phone back to Bun Ok and takes her leave. Unknown to her, Ms. Pi takes back the phone from Bun Ok.

"Will you be fine by yourself tomorrow?" Hye Ryung asks while fixing Hana's makeup.

"Really don't have a choice. I also have a feeling that Ms. Pi will make sure I get in the car that my parents will send." Hana answers with a tone of disappointment.

"Still can't believe that our director actually forced you to talk to that old wen- I mean your mom." Hye Rung mutters.

"...I don't wanna go! I'm already always being forced to drink white milk once a month and go on dates set up by you!" Hana whines until Hye Ryung begins glaring at her. "I'll shut up."

"Unnie, it's ten to three." Young Ro informs Hye Ryung coming over to them.

"I know."

"Bun Ok said she'd be at Rome Coffee Shop by three."

"She must have stopped by some salon, right? It's just putting pearls on a pi- Ow! Hana, don't pinch me!"

"You're being a meanie!"

Hye Ryung rolls her eyes and finishes up Hana's makeup. "There all done."

"