Il-sung

1968

1968

"Oppa... Where are you?"  A sickly girl mumbles as she walks through the town streets.

Suddenly she accidently bumps into a young man's leg and falls onto the ground.

"I-I'm sorry, sir!" She whimpers, keeping her head down.

The young man crouches down and helps her up while giving her a look of concern.

"Are you alright? Are you hurt?" She shakes her head still refusing to look at him. He then puts his finger underneath her chin and lifts her head up to look at him. "Good. As long as you're okay, that's all that matters." He says with a smile.

Before she can reply she quickly covers her mouth with her elbow and coughs into it.

"Are you sick?" He puts his hand on her forehead and his eyes widened to feel that she's burning up. "What are you doing outside? You should be at home resting."

"Tae-ran!"

The two look to see a young boy running over to the two and he wraps his arms around the girl.

"Oppa..." She mumbles into his shoulder.

"Why are you outside?! I told you to stay in bed!" He says in a worried tone after pulling back.

"Wait. Are you two Tae-san and Tae-ran?" The young man asks making the children look at him. "Chul Moo is your uncle, right? I'm Il-sung, a friend of his."

"Ah! Our samchon told us about you!" Tae-san bows. "Thank you for taking such good care of him!"

"Hey, there's no need for that." Il-sung chuckles, patting the young boy's shoulder. "Now tell me what are you two doing out here?"

"We're going to be leaving Seoul today, so I went out to get more medicine for my yeodongsaeng just in case. Now we're just waiting for our samchon to come home." Tae-san explains before turning to his little sister. "Tae-ran, why didn't you stay in bed?"

"When I woke up, you were gone." She answers, pouting.

"You just missed your big brother, right?" Il-sung asks and she nods. He chuckles again, gently patting the young girl's head. "You remind of my daughter. If I'm gone for at least thirty minutes, she will just pout the whole time. When I come back, she'll give the biggest smile ever. It's a sign of how much she misses me."

"What about her mom though? " Tae-ran asks with a giggle.

"Oh, she loves her mother very much...but she can go at least two hours without her. I think she secretly enjoys driving her mother crazy." He answers with a grin making the kids laugh. "Now you spoke of your family leaving Seoul today?"