Appa & Little Butterscotch

"My little butterscotch grew up just as beautiful as her mother

"My little butterscotch grew up just as beautiful as her mother." Il-sung says smiling, getting up from his seat.

"Is... Is this real?" Hana mumbles and lightly pinches his cheek.

He chuckles and gently pinches her back. "Pinch yourself not me."

She gasps and he laughs at her reaction. "How is this possible?! Wait... I am high?! Did all that butterscotch finally get to me?!"

"Oh? Then you must not want any of that?" He points at their table with a smirk and the sight of what's on it nearly makes Hana fall over. "Butterscotch candy. Butterscotch cake. Butterscotch cookies. I don't think I can eat all of this by myself, and you shouldn't eat any of it if you think that you're high... It's a shame that this will go all to waste. Better start cleaning-"

"NO! I WANT IT!" She shouts with a crazed look.

He laughs watching his daughter quickly take a seat and begins eating the butterscotch cake. He takes the seat across from her and grabs a cookie, taking a bite out of it.

"Enjoy. Consider these as thanks for all the butterscotch candy you left me every time you visited." He tells her with a smile.

"You... But-But how? How is this possible?" She asks, still amazed by what's happening.

"I'm here because you know the truth now and I haven't seen you in a while... But it's also because you wanted it." He explains, passing her a butterscotch candy. "Let's use this time to talk while we can."

"Then why this place? Rome Coffee Shop?"

"This isn't only Soo-ho and your special place, it's your mother and I's as well. It's where she and I first met. She knocked over my matchstick tower and instead of getting an apology, I got slapped. It was love at first slap..." He sighs. "I could never tell whether it was an honor or not to be the only man she pinched and called a bonehead."

"Huh? Eomma called you a bonehead?! And she pinched only you?! Wow... I take a lot after her than I thought." She murmurs before putting the butterscotch candy in her mouth.

"Except Soo-ho is the only man you've never called a butthead or pinched. He's a lucky one... He managed to survive after all." He says the latter with a relieved smile.

She nods with a big smile. "After they left the South, his sister and him were taken in by a man named Lim Ji-rok who took good care of them. Once he was old enough, Soo-ho became a soldier. Gyeok-chan too. You chose them as my bodyguards but it's more like I've become theirs. They're always fighting with each other or getting shot at."

"They're doing well... I'm glad." He laughs as he blinks to hold back his tears. "It still must have been hard for you all but I'm glad that you have each other."

"It has been hard... But eomma had it more tough than the rest of us." She murmurs sadly. 

"...Sunny has always been a strong woman. It's one of the reasons why I fell for her. I always felt bad that she got involved with me... But I'm happy that you found each other again."