The Gate.

Conrad Wiking and his men were looking at the structure. They had managed to find a way down to one of the collapsed skyscrapers to get a closer look. What they saw was some kind of large Archway or some manner of huge ornate Gate right in the middle of this place, located in the only open area in this massive crack in the ground.
Conrad and his men had taken up positions upon the destroyed windows and they'd taken this as an opportunity to set up. Michael and Bernhard quickly set up their MG6 Light Laser Machine Gun, while Pearl launched her Drones into the air for squad support and shooting capabilities... There was a tense atmosphere for the men. But they are professional soldiers of the Kovenant. Vrinngrenadiers of the 87th Regiment.

The rest, including Conrad and Bruno, took positions by the windows, laying down on their bellies as they charged up and aimed their Lasen-Gewehrs. Conrad still looking through his binoculars.

Suddenly, he received a message from his comms. It was his superior.
"Conrad, this is Lieutenant Skrosamzy. The Platoon is close to your position now... Can you confirm the supposed chaos of the anomaly? Over"

Conrad replied to his superior.
"Ja, Herr Lieutenant... Me and my squad are holding position at one of the abandoned buildings overlooking what appears to be some kind of marble Archway or Gate. We placed down tracking beacons for all of you to follow, over and out."

"Acknowledged. Hold your position. Skrosamzy out."

Conrad and his men continued to hold their position. But they were confident in their weapons... The MG6 Light Laser Machine gun they had was very powerful and more than capable of mowing down groups of enemies with an overwhelming burst of firepower.
Very deadly both when firing from the hip or on the bipod and has more than enough battery life to last it through entire battles before requiring a new battery be used instead. A truly deadly and wondrous piece of engineering.

That's not even mentioning the Imperial Lasen-Gewehr. The standard issue laser assault rifle for the Kovenant Infantry, a deadly pinpoint accurate laser weapon.
Able to be switched to low, medium, and high power settings depending on the situation, on demand.

Dian then asked.
"Shit. How many laser bolts per power level again? Forgot already."

Her brother Jonas replied.
"High power setting gives you... 30 - 40 very powerful laser bolts.
The medium setting is... 200 medium-powered laser bolts if I'm not mistaken.
And low power setting gives you some 600 low powered laser bolts but many more bolts to use."

Dian replied.
"Thanks, bro."

Conrad then looked over to his squad and said.
"Vrinngrenadiers, set your Rifles to medium power setting... Michael, Bernhard, keep that MG in its high-power setting."

The squad complied and using a simple dial on their Lasen-Gewehrs switched them to the medium power setting. While the MG6 remained on maximum power setting.

Conrad and Bruno then looked through the large Archway with their binoculars, bringing up the magnification to get a closer look. However, as the 2 men were looking straight at it they couldn't see or for that matter identify anything. All they were seeing was pure darkness within the Archway and nothing more. They switched their binoculars over to its night vision setting and put its magnification up once again, but again, there was nothing.

Conrad said.
"I can't say see anything... How about you, Bruno?"

"Nein, I'm seeing nothing either." he replied.

However just as Conrad put his binoculars down, Bruno patted him on the shoulder and shook it
"Wait! Something's wrong... My binoculars are detecting something from inside that structure. It's showing me the heat signatures of 20 Individuals."