Arc 2 Part 3.

"Volksgrenadiers, stand and fire, stand and fire!" Conrad shouted.

Recognizing the command, the Volksgrenadiers held their ground and fully committed to the gunfight. Archedian bullets flying started flying close to where the squads were standing their ground, impressed with their accuracy, the Volksgrenadiers replied with their own laser fire.
As the gunfight was starting to pick up the pace, and as more rangers made their way over to help in the engagement.
Yet as the fighting began, Dominique and Trotsky noticed something odd. While the Archedian Rifles made loud sounds, the Kovenant Laser-Gewehr seemed to only produce very faint mechanical sounds, as though the red streams of light didn't have any sound and only the mechanisms within the Laser-Gewehr was able to create this very faint noise.

Trotsky asked.
"Why are they making sound?"

Nearby, Chloe answered.
"It's cause they're laser, kid! Lasers don't make any noise! The only thing you hear from Laser-Gewehrs are the mechanisms inside!"

"Can they hear that?" Asked Trotsky, distressed.

Chloe gave a nod.
"No, the mechanisms are about as loud as a whisper, the enemy can't hear a thing, now get to fighting!"

With that, Trotsky started chanting, and from the palms of his hands, purple lighting bolts started to form. His eyes started to get irritated as the Datura drink started to affect his system. Soon, his eyes were consumed and overtaken with a bright purple glue.

Trotsky thrusted his finger forward as though he was thrusting a sword, and from his fingers came a terrible show of power as lightning bolt rushed out, like the thunder of a long forgotten God.

However, the lightning missed and struck a nearby tree instead, which fell down to the earth, a large part of its body destroyed.

Dominique then stepped up and performed her own lightning strike, however her's was more accurate, striking the ground close to 3 of the rangers, while not died, it caused them to seek cover or even pull back further to the woods.
"Count your shots, my student! Use your magic to maximum effect!"

"Yes, teacher!" Trotsky replied. He began spinning his hands around, drawing more Datura root energy from his system and preparing another strike.

Suddenly, Wittman's squad let loose a deadly stream of fire. Having recently just set up his machine gunners, the Archedian rangers found themselves being attacks on two sides and slowly, they were being pushed into a corner, a part of the forests where many rocks boxed them in.

"Stand and fire!" Wittman roared.

Ever perceptive, Trotsky asked.
"What does that mean?!"

This time, Susie replied.
"Stand and fire is a military term. It means holding your ground, shooting the enemy, and pushing them back!"

"Got it!"
Trotsky once more unleashed a spell. This time, it was more accurate, striking down a single ranger and leaving him dead on the ground.
"Long live, Keralia!" He cheered.

Trotsky attempted to follow up on his attacks but was forced into cover as the Archedians shot back. In the meantime, Trotsky pulled out his frontiersmen revolver and shot back, forcing one of the rangers into cover with just two rounds expended.

Trotsky turned to his right, and there saw his teacher Dominique casting a spell. He didn't have to ask before he got his answer, Dominique shot multiple smaller lightning bolts from her fingers. Weaker, but longer lasting, able to engage multiple targets.

The Archedian rangers, feeling the pressure from both the Keralian witches and Volksgrenadiers, gave hand signals to one another before running off into the woods and continuing the fight from there.