IV

(Meanwhile, in The Grand Dutchy of Keralia...)

(Oolu Village.)

The day was as busy as ever for the small village of Oolu, a small community that lived in the Grand Dutchy of Keralia. That one semi independent province part of the Archedian Empire... the Day was like any other, it was cold and there were a great many people going about their day. Shops and markets opened up to the people of the village, children played and chased each other in the snow and a great many trucks and other vehicles were moving all over town in as fast a pace as they could. Making deliverables, carrying passengers and other such heavy items... The locals of this settlement were active once more, the local schools started to open up and the day was in full swing.

As children played and as men and women walked around starting their daily routines, a single woman walked up from the road leading to the far off parts of the community.

This lady was young, perhaps no older then her 20s, her eyes were of a bright blue color and were vibrant, full of youthful energy yet having a feel for curiosity...
Her hair was short, kept to a Bob cut and yet her hair was also blue in color, reminiscent of bright lakes when the sun shines over it...
The lady was short, coming up only to the shoulders of a normal man but this height only served to make her seem more and more like a young, recent adult and her clothing; that being a deep brown trenchcoat, winter boots, pants and fur gloves reinforced this notion of her being timid but intelligent.

The woman fixed her glasses and her blue eyes looked to the town center.

As she walked, she carried 2 items with her. One being a staff, standard for a magic user, giving away her profession in this small community and another was a bag, filled to the brim with lore books, spells and such.

She approached the local market square and entered, the area was busy as people were going about their day, buying and selling to others. Food was plentiful to see thanks to storing in prior months, yet the frosty breath of everyone was obvious to see, this winter was colder then usual.
Perhaps all those damned Archedian Factories are doing a number to the environment.

She then approached and then entered one of the stores in the area, a simple wooden building and said.
"Hey, I'm here to pick it up."

"Ah! Dominique!" The old man cheerily said.
"Yeah I got what ye wanted, new silver finishing and everything!"

Dominique replied.
"I had the payment sent to your house, been living in Keralia and a profesional magic user and yet I haven't even got a revolver yet."

The old man then handed Dominique a new revolver. The finishing was shiny, almost like Silver and soon after that, she was also handed a small box ammunition. All been slid down from the front desk.
The revolver in question was the famous "Frontierman" a Frontier revolver that has since then seen massive commercial success as a weapon available to most people. Used not only for home defence,  but even used as the standard weapon for police officers in the entire empire. A truly simple yet deadly weapon.

The old man then asked.
"So, where are ye off to? Not illegally casting spells and getting arrested I hope?"

Dominique looked at the old man and gave him a lazy, timid scoff.
"Not this time, no. I might be a certified witch but I'm not stupid enough to break the law every time. Hell i wasn't even sent to prison, just jailed for a day."
She said.
After putting the ammunition is a sling bag she had, she continued on and said to him.
"Besides, I need this gun. I'm gonna go out of town for awhile, gather some magical plants and make potions for war. What with the Gate and all."

The old man gave a nod before leaning back before reading a news paper. News had been going around lately about the gate. As early as January of this year, the Gate's appearance was already known.