Arc 2 Part 4

Conrad and his squad rushed over to the coordinates Wittman gave them. Running through thick forest and much snow, they eventually reach a clearing through the thick line of trees. There stood Wittman and his Volksgrenadiers, most of whom were standing guard in a standard defensive perimeter, while the Sargent; Wittman himself investigated what looked to be a crater in the center of the field. A very large and deep crater. As Conrad and his men approached, they stopped running and instead started jogging over to them, one of Wittman's own waving his hands and calling them over. Snow was kicked up as Conrad and his squad arrived and as they looked down into the crater, they could see what Wittman was telling them about.

It was a massive pod, made from a material that is undeniably the same used in star ships. The metal was cold to the touch as Wittman placed his hand upon it.
The material is still as pristine as the day it was manufactured and put to use. The massive bulbous object is buried under so much ice and snow, yet, the giant feature window remains visible.

As Conrad and his squad descended to greet him, Dian couldn't help but look on in awe, standing next to Jonas and Susie, she couldn't even properly puff a bit of smoke from her cigar, instead, she simply gazed upon the object in awe, her mouth staying open even as the cigar she had slowly started to slip out and nearly fall.
Jonas felt much the same way, but he managed to fight through the thoughts running through his head and look at Dian, placing his hand on her shoulder he began to shake her.
"Hey, Dian, snap out of it!"

The sudden actions of her sibling were enough to snap Dian out of her trance and he looked back at him and gave a nod.
"Thanks, bro..."
She then looked back and asked Conrad.
"Sarge! Is... is that what I think it is?"

Wittman and Conrad got close to the giant display window, as they looked in they found that it was completely frozen over with frost, the locks having long ago been frozen shut.
However, as Wittman climbed to the very top of the pod, he used his hand to wipe away the snow covering what appeared to be markings.
"Hold on, I think I have something!"

As the snow was wiped away and as the letters revealed, Wittman took a moment to read what it said.
"Huh... it says... Specialized Containment unit - 8856 - 7956."

He then noticed something underneath the number designation and once more wiped away the snow to reveal a ser of words written in red.
Everyone's eyes went wide as they read what it had to say.
"Overlord-"

"Get that thing open, now!" Conrad bellowed.

"An Overlord? Here?" Asked Chloe in confusion and awe.
"How? How did an Overlord pod get here?!"

"I don't know, but if they are still in there, we have to get them out!" Jojo replied.

The shell of the pod was made from a strong material used to create starships, however, the locks themselves were made from a weaker material, able to be melted through with Laser bolt fire. Knowing this, the two Squads began shooting at the locks, each shot causing it to melt faster into a molten slag before failing and allowing the feature window to pop open, releasing gases that had been trapped for God knows how long.

"Conrad, help me lift this!" Wittman said.
He grabbed the window and attempted to lift it, managing to lift it a few inches before being halted dead in his tracks.

Conrad claimed up next to him and added his strength to the effort. Little by little the pod opened, ice breaking apart as the others hit it when rifle butts, others shooting the larger blocks of ice with laser bolts, melting them rapidly. Soon, Conrad was joined by Jonas and Dian, then Susie and Bruno. All while powered bayonets struck more ice and snow.

Together, with their collective might, the pod opened up. A large cloud of trapped has gushed out in a tidal wave coming from the sea.

The troopers coughed as they took in that stale air, the smell of old chemicals, and reused air mixing into a concoction that could make any man sick. Some wanted to vomit, and others still simply chose to wave the bad smells away with their hands.