V

Snow covered forests and a strong, cold breeze was the first thing that greeted the Volksgrenadiers as they emerged from the Gate.

Not expecting winter conditions like this on the otherside, the Volksgrenadiers were taken by surprise, most raising their hands up to cover their faces as they walked forward. Though their clothes was more then enough to keep them warm as the Volksgrenadiers marched through it. Squad after squad came and soon after all of 3rd Platoon was on the otherside, following closely behind was Lieutenant Skrosamzy and his command squad, but from the darkness of the Gate came forth a roaring sound as Kovenant Tanks and other armored vehicles appeared and made their presence known, emerging from the Gate and quickly descending down the steps that led up to it and moving along with the rest of the troops. These vehicles were mostly Half-tracks, some Stugs and few mighty Kaiser Class Tanks.
Give or take a few motorcycles with sidecars.

As the men moved forward, at the front was Conrad and his Squad who were acting as the tip of the figurative spear as the whole of 3rd Platoon moved forward.

As they did however, they saw someone standing on the horizon, atop a hill where the road leads. The figure was large and bulky and the Kovenant soldiers couldn't identify him as their eyes were blinded by the sun. But as they approach and the figures armored bulk blocked it out, the Kovenant soldiers saw not a foe but a friend.

A closer look gave them a better look at who it was. It was Garseri Lockheed, waiting for them as they made it across.

As they approached to speak to him however, the Vrinngrenadiers noticed that his armor was covered in blood, mostly around his right hand where he held his "combat knife" which was more a short sword given his immense size and height, as well as having blood coat his chest and legs.
However he raised his hand in greeting.

The Ubersoldat the crossed his armored hands and said to Conrad
"Greetings, Sargent. It seems that you have made it with the rest of your comrades. I have dispatched off and recovered what was stolen from us."

He then pointed over to the corpses of the Archedian soldiers that had taken from the world they had entered. Other Kovenant soldiers quickly rushed over and recovered the items ready for proper disposal later on.

Conrad looked at the Ubersoldat, standing far taller then he was and asked
"So, what now? Are there any more of those soldiers here?"

The Ubersoldat gave a nod.
"No. They either fled or fought and were dispatched, swiftly. However, while scouting ahead I discovered that there seems to be a settlement not far from here... If we keep following this road, we will happen upon it."

Conrad and his men then heard footsteps right behind them, looking back, they saw Lieutenant Skrosamzy coming over with his command squad and said.
"I am Lieutenant Skrosamzy, 87th Vrinngrenadier Corp... If you wouldn't mind, Herr Garseri, please lead us to where this village is, it could give us new information about this place."

Garseri then asked
"Does the Imperial Capital and the rest of the Empire know what happened here?"

Skrosamzy gave a nod.
"The interference on Ivan-3 is making communications... Difficult. The Imperial Capital won't know what happened here for months, maybe more if conditions don't lighten up."

Hearing this, the Ubersoldat gave a nod.
"Very well. I shall join you, please make any final preparations for your men and let me know."

The Lieutenant gave a nod and immediately turned to see if his men were ready.

.

Conrad gathered up his squad and said.
"Alright, Vrinngrenadiers. Check your weapons and equipment, feel free to take a quick water break too."