X

Tw: Eyestrain warning! Big block of random numbers! all the usual that comes with a mafia au
...

Wilbur made a hard left into the conference room when he saw the chief walking his way. He quietly made his way to the back or the room, looking around for anything that could give him an alibi.

"Looking for something, Soot?"

Well shit. Wilbur fought a annoyed groan. "No, I just remembered there was a... stapler in here."

Wilbur grabbed the stapler that sat on the table. "I remembered I was in here and I needed it to keep some stuff together."

"Ah," the chief said. "I hope you're doing well gathering evidence. You remember, more evidence against Las Nevadas?"

Wilbur glared, speaking through slightly gritted teeth. "Of course."

"I'd love to see it," the chief said, walking towards Wilbur and effectively boxing him into the room. Wilbur stuffed his hands, and the stapler, into his pockets. He debated lighting a cigarette, but decided against it.

"And I'd love to show it to you," Wilbur said. "But it's not done yet, and it's getting late. I really must go."

The chief nodded, but didn't step aside. "Then you're free to go. Good night, Soot."

Wilbur paced forward, locking eyes with the chief as he passed uncomfortably close to her. "Good night."

It was only when Wilbur got out of the police station that he let out a relieved sigh. And it was only when he got home that he remembered the stapler in his pocket. He walked through the door, reached in his pockets, and pulled out the stapler.

"Wilbur, why the fuck do you have a stapler in your pocket?"

"Tommy, I wish I could tell you, but I have no idea myself," Wilbur said. He placed it onto the table, right beside where Tommy was sitting. "But it's yours now."

Tommy let out a snort. He still took the stapler, fidgeting with it in his hands.

"Well, have fun with that," Wilbur said. "I need to look over a few things."

Tommy nodded. "You got it, bossman. Have fun with whatever shit you're doing."

Wilbur pursed his lips, thinking for a moment. "Would you like to help? I could use a new pair of eyes to spot something I might not have."

Tommy shrugged, still flipping the stapler over and over. "Sure."

Wilbur pulled a chair next to the one Tommy sat in before pulling a piece of paper out of the pocket in his jeans. It wasn't the exact note, but rather a copy. That way the only copy of the note they had wouldn't be stuck in one person's hands.

Wilbur unfolded the paper, handing it to Tommy. Tommy's eyes darted back and forth for a moment before he shoved it back towards Wilbur.

"This is boring," Tommy said quickly. Wilbur took the note back.

"Really? Did you even read the entire thing? You looked at it for hardly a quarter of a second," Wilbur said.

"I can read fast, bitch," Tommy said, crossing his arms almost playfully. Wilbur hummed.

"Fine. Go do whatever you normally do, then," Wilbur said. He really didn't have it in him to argue.

"I'm gonna go hand out with Tubbo. And probably Ranboo too," Tommy said. "He's always hanging with Tubbo. Nos that I think about it-"

"Rambling again," Wilbur said.

"Ah fuck," Tommy said. "Right, I'll see you later."

And then Tommy had gone, leaving Wilbur to stare at the note. See, it wasn't anything like the last one. The last one was mocking and cocky. This one simply read;