XIX "Maybe."

"Wilbur, that is the definition of a date."

"Techno," Wilbur said, rubbing his eyes. "I do not want to have this discussion right now. It is not a date. End of story."

"Whatever," Techno said. "Does Tommy know?"

"I was going to tell him, before I was so rudely interrupted."

"Tell me what?" Tommy asked. His skin was still pale, but he looked ever the slightest more healthy than the day before. He still had a blanket wrapped around his shoulders.

"Will's got a date," Techno said. Wilbur shot him a glare, though Techno didn't respond.

"You finally got a date?" Tommy asked, excitement in his voice. "Is she hot?"

Techno laughed. "Wilbur thinks she's very hot."

"I am not going on a date," Wilbur said. "I am going over to talk with Quackity."

Tommy yawned, pulling the blanket tighter around himself. "Yeah, no, there's something fruity going on there."

"Fuck off," Wilbur said. "You don't get to decide that."

Techno stood up, walking over to Wilbur. He grabbed his shoulders, shaking him. "Wilbur, I mean this in the nicest way possible, but you are a fucking idiot."

"Astounding observation, you dick," Wilbur retorted.

"It's what I'm here for," Techno said. "Go on, you can go now. I'll watch Tommy."

"Hey! I don't need-" Tommy paused, his face contorting before he sneezed. "I don't need to be babysat."

"He's just going to make sure you don't die," Wilbur said. "Or burn the house down trying to make toast."

"That was one time!" Tommy said. "And it was just the oven!"

"We have a perfectly fine toaster! Why were you making toast in the oven!?" Wilbur said, more of a statement than a question. "Whatever. Tech, make sure he doesn't get into any trouble. I need to go."

"Have fun on your date!" Tommy called out in a sing song tune. Wilbur ignored him, heading towards the door.

"Stay protected!" Techno called out, Wilbur practically hearing the smirk on his face.

"Techno!" Tommy said, aghast. "How fucking dare you that is disgusting I'm a goddamn minor I'll have you know!"

Wilbur laughed, hearing Techno do the same before he closed the door behind him.
...

The walk to Quackity's house was uneventful. Wilbur hadn't been stopped at the border for a while, so there wasn't anything to look forward to when crossing.

He breathed in the crisp evening air. Though still early, it was fairly cold; enough so that Wilbur could faintly see his breath in the wind. He pulled out his phone, briefly wondering he should text Quackity before he shoved the though — and his phone — back away.

Before long, he was standing outside Quackity's door. He stood there for a moment, before walking up, his hand raised. He hesitated for a moment.

He knocked on the door before standing back. The door opened soon after, Quackity standing behind it.

"Ah, Wilbur," he said. "Come in, come in."

"I'll admit," Wilbur started, walking into the house. "It is nice to see you."

The door closed behind him. Wilbur looked at Quackity, trying not to make it look like he was staring. Quackity wore his usual white button up and  black slacks, but he was missing his tie and the use of the top few buttons of his shirt. Wilbur watched as the collar swayed ever so slightly as Quackity moved.