XLI

Wilbur couldn't help but relate the cards in his hands to Dream and George. A king and a jack. Spades and clubs, if he wanted to be even more specific. It was a good hand. They were a good team. One higher than the other, and yet still held a good chance.

"Not a good hand?" Quackity asked, that cocky, teasing tone in his voice that he had the entire game. The sun shined through the window almost directly on Quackity, stopping short mere centimeters away from the edge of the table. Wilbur scoffed.

"Wouldn't you like to know?" He said, leaning closer as if to try and sneak a look at his cards. Quackity laughed sharply, sitting back but keeping a protective hand over where his cards lay, facedown, on the table.

Techno groaned. "Can you two just stop flirting for one minute?"

"Yeah, bitch. It's my turn," Tommy said. He looked at the pile of chips that sat messily next to him, grabbing a handful. "Uh, three red circles and two blue ones."

Quackity chuckled. "Do you even know what that means?"

"Nope!"

Techno laughed before regaining his composure, gathering his chips and placing them next to the three cards already on the table. The nine of diamonds sat cleanly next to the ten of spades and five of clubs in a perfect line. "Raise. Will?"

Wilbur stared at the cards on the table, trying his best to calculate the odds of winning in his head. He was never the best at math. He bit the inside of his cheek, setting a stack of his own chips next to where Techno had placed his. He nodded to Quackity, who flipped another card onto the table.

Eight of hearts. Fuck.

Quackity didn't look all too pleased himself, leaning back with his lips pulled tight in a line. He thought for a moment before sitting back in his chair. "Fold."

"Oh really?" Wilbur said. "Interesting. Tommy?"

Tommy looked around with a wild expression, as if he had just won the game. From that, Wilbur figured he either had no idea what just happened, or he had absolutely just lost. He stuttered when everyone looked at him, and he put in the same bet Wilbur had. Wordlessly, he looked towards Techno.

Techno rolled his eyes, pushing his chips into the center of the table. At his turn, Wilbur wordlessly did the same at the command of a raise. He caught Quackity's eyes, who looked torn between thinking Wilbur was one ballsy motherfucker or the table's resident idiot. Maybe it was both. He flipped the last card.

Ace of clubs.

Tommy looked at his own cards, then back to the ones on the table. With a quiet, "fuck it," he pushed all his chips to the center. The entire table looked at him in silent surprise.

"All in then," Techno said. "Tommy, you're an idiot."

"Bitch."

Wilbur laughed, looking over at his dwindling stack. There was no way he had a good enough chance to win. "Well I'm out. Fold."

Quackity nodded, and flipped his cards. A king and seven of hearts. He nodded to his left, and Tommy did the same.

"Tommy, this is for your own good," Quackity said, staring at the five and seven of spades. "You're banned from my casino."

Techno laughed. "Told you, you idiot."

Tommy grumbled, folding his arms over his chest and slumping back in his chair. Wilbur felt his phone buzz in his pocket, and he quickly pulled it out before flipping his cards.

Techno laughed, having flipped his cards. Wilbur didn't see what they were, instead reading the text he had gotten. His heart raced as he read Callahan's words.