XXX

Tw: injuries, panic attack, just a whole lot of angst really

...

Wilbur couldn't hear himself over the sound of Tommy's quickening breath. He watched, feeling as though he was a soul floating above everything. Blood pooled onto the floor.

He couldn't bring himself to move.

"Wilbur, fuck, shit, fuck, Will." Tommy's voice cut through the air. Wilbur looked to him, feeling his eyes struggle to focus as if they were glass. His breathing quickened.

Tears streamed down Tommy's face. Quackity knelt down next to Techno, pressing down onto the deepest wounds.

Wilbur couldn't breathe.

A shaky hand met his shoulder, clamping down. A broken voice spoke. "Wilbur, please-"

Wilbur didn't move on his own. His actions were not his own.

"Will, help."

Wilbur pulled Tommy close, burying the sobbing boy's head in his chest as he couldn't stop himself from staring. His legs didn't work. His lungs didn't work. Fuck. He couldn't tear his gaze away from where Techno laid on the floor. Blood pooled less, now.

Then Phil was there, and then so was Kristen. They spoke. Wilbur couldn't hear. Tommy shook. Sirens wailed.

Phil looked at Quackity and said something, and suddenly he was beside Wilbur.

"Wilbur," Quackity said. His hands were red. He wiped them on his pants. "Wil, please. We're going to another room."

Wilbur didn't remember standing. He didn't remember walking.

The door closed behind them. They sat on Wilbur's bed. Tommy was glued to Wilbur, his breathing quick.

"Tommy," Quackity said, his voice soft. "Tommy, I need you to breathe, okay?"

Tommy mustered out a nod. Wilbur felt him inhale shakily, then exhale the same.

"Good, Tommy," Quackity said. "Do you want to sit up more?"

Tommy frantically shook his head. "No no no no-"

"Hey, hey," Quackity said. "Its okay, you dont have to move. Wil, you still there?"

Wilbur nodded the best he could. He held Tommy tightly. "Breathe."

Tommy shifted, breathing slower. Wilbur followed along.

Tommy had stopped shaking.

Wilbur still held him close, just breathing deeply.

"Wilbur?" Quackity said, voice quiet. "Tommy?"

"Q?" Wilbur said. He looked up, caring Quackity's worried gaze. "Stay."

Quackity nodded, sitting down on the bed next to Wilbur. He was far enough to not so much as bump against him. He took a deep breath, exhaling slowly. "Just breathe with me. Both of you."

Wilbur sat still until he could move again, and then had sat still until Tommy could do the same. Hesitantly, he sat up, his eyes red and face wet from the tears.

The house outside the room was silent.

Tommy spoke first, his voice meek and hoarse. "What happened?"