XXXIX

Tw: blood, fights, life and death scenarios, dissociation, panic attacks
...

Wilbur's lungs couldn't scream and his body wouldn't move. He couldn't make himself fucking do something.

Quackity had more fear in his eyes than any man Wilbur had ever seen. Techno kept monotone, and yet the way he just barely shook at the knife to his throat told a different story.

"Well?" Dream sneered. He shifted his weight. Quackity flinched.

"I- no, I can't- please-"

"Shut up!" Dream shouted. Wilber was frozen to where he stood. "You have until I count to one. George?"

George nodded, and Wilbur saw a flash of fear in Techno's eyes.

"Ten," Dream said, slowly.

Wilbur looked around wildly. Surely there was something he could grab. There were blades hanging everywhere, and yet he could never get them fast enough.

"Nine."

"Wait, wait, please," Wilbur said. What else could he do? Quackity's blood dripped onto the floor now, making the silent room echo with drips. "Please."

"Why should I?" Dream said. "Eight."

"Wil-" Quackity whispered. Dream dug the knife further into his throat. "I'm sorry-"

"Seven."

Techno huffed. George snapped a quick, "Quiet."

Techno continued. "Wilbur- I-"

"Six!" Dream practically seethed. "Choose, or they're both fucking dead!"

Wilbur couldn't. He couldn't force any words out of his mouth and even if he could, nothing came through his mind.

"Five."

Quackity stared at him. Techno did too. A sob ripped past Wilbur's throat, and still no tears burned his face. He didn't have the strength to.

"Four."

Wilbur took a step forward, and the blades pressed harder into both Techno and Quackity's throats. He quickly stepped back, breathing fast.

"Take me," he said frantically. Techno and Quackity looked at him, horrified. "Take me, let them go. Please. Kill me instead."

"No-" Techno was cut off by Dream laughing.

"That's not the game, and you know it," he said, a grin on his face. "Three."

Wilbur's breath was cold. This was his fault.

"Two."

There was a scream. More blood fell to the concrete floor.

Wilbur's ears rang, his vision blurring. More gasps of pain echoed in his mind. He was numb.

"George!" Dream shouted. Wilbur felt himself be pulled back to the present.

George's shirt soaked up blood as quickly as it could flow from his shoulder. A silver knife sat half imbedded in his skin. His arm fell from Techno's throat.

Techno's eyes gleamed as he shoved an elbow back. George stumbled back, doubling over and holding his stomach. His breathing came is shallow wheezes.

Wilbur looked wildly between them. Dream shoved Quackity to the floor. He fell hard onto his shoulder before sitting up and frantically shuffling back until the blade behind him clanged and made him flinch.

Dream surged forward, eyes intent on Techno. He laughed loudly, shoving his knifed foreword. Techno whirled out of the way. Dream swung again. Techno dodged. George stood up as much as he could and weakly tried to slash at Techno's back, but he threw him back easily.