XXXII

Tw: blood, dissociation/panic attacks, hospitals, insecurities, the angst ain't over folks
...

A single shard of glass laid in the center of the floor. The sharpest tip was red.

Wilbur couldn't breathe. Fuck. Fuck.

"Wil," Quackity's voice was faint. Glass clouded Wilbur's vision. "Wilbur, look at me."

A hand grasped his arm, steady and firm. Wilbur fought to keep breathing.

"Will?"

The voice was small. Broken. Scared. Wilbur could only focus on it and it alone. It was Tommy. It had to be. Tommy was right fucking there and he was fucking alive and he was scared and-

The closet door opened slowly. Wilbur was beside it in a heartbeat.

Tommy was curled in the corner. He trembled. A thin line of blood ran from the edge of his lip to the corner of his eye. Wilbur fell to his knees, pulling him close. Tommy sniffled against his shirt.

"Oh, thank fucking god," Wilbur said under his breath. "You're alive, you're alive."

"I'm alive," Tommy whispered. He repeated it, over and over again.

And eventually, Wilbur felt the boy's breath return.

Tommy pulled back first, leaning back heavily against the wall of the closet. He closed his eyes tightly, pulling his knees to his chest. Wilbur moved to sit beside him.

"Wanna stay here or move somewhere else?" Wilbur asked, looking up to see Quackity standing almost awkwardly by the broken window, sparing glances towards them every so often.

"Stay," Tommy said, looking at the floor. "For now."

"Ok," Wilbur said. He glanced to Quackity, who was looking more and more confused. He turned back to Tommy. "What happened?"

Tommy's breath was shaky. "I can't- fuck- I- he'll kill me-"

Wilbur held him steady. "No. He won't," he said, gritting his teeth. "I'll make sure of it. I promise."

Tommy caught Wilbur's gaze, and he took a deep breath, "George- he- he woke me up with that fucking glass to my throat and- and told me-" he shook with sobs.

"Deep breath," Wilbur said, taking a breath himself.

Tommy nodded slowly. "He told me that- that Dream was out there. And- and I bit him. And he did this." He gestured to his face, where blood still clung to his skin. "He said it would match Quackity's."

Wilbur glanced up. Quackity rested his hands on the windowsill, looking down at it.

"That fucking," Quackity's voice was gritted. "Bastard."

He stood up, his gaze landing on Tommy and his expression oddly calm. "You don't deserve this," he said, walking over and hesitantly kneeling outside the closet. "Tommy, I promise I will do everything in my power to hunt these fuckers down. I swear on it."

Tommy glanced at Wilbur, who couldn't find it in him to form words.

He didn't have to. Tommy surged forward, pulling Quackity into a hug. "Thank you, Q."

Quackity pat his back. "You and Wilbur are welcome in Las Nevadas."

It was so simple, and yet Wilbur still caught Tommy wiping tears from his eyes. Wilbur wished he could say Tommy was the only one. He pulled back to sit against the wall again.

"Did you find anything?" Wilbur asked, nodding towards the window. Quackity nodded gravely.

"The glass is all outside," he said. "He broke out, not in."