XXXVI

(The real version this time lol)
Tw: wounds/scars
...

Wilbur sat up, trying his best to rub the ache from his shoulder. The fabric of his shirt there was rough from the concrete that scratched it.

"Sorry," Quackity said. Wilbur looked up to catch his gaze where he sat back on his heels.

"What for?" He said, scooting himself closer to the concrete outcrop. "I'm the one who fell."

Quackity huffed, sitting down next to Wilbur again. "You wouldn't have fallen if I hadn't-" he cut himself off. "You know."

Wilbur smirked, leaning closer to Quackity's ear. "If you hadn't what, birdie? Pushed me? If you hadn't been so-"

"Shut the fuck up," Quackity said, lightly pushing Wilbur away from him. Wilbur sat back with an exaggerated pout. Quackity rolled his eyes, leaning forward to kiss the corner of Wilbur's mouth. "I gotta say," he said, pulling back. "I didn't expect for you to like it that much."

Wilbur felt himself flush. "Don't act like you didn't."

Quackity huffed a small laugh. "If this is your way of trying to get into my pants, its not gonna fucking work," he said. As if to prove a point, had reached a hand to scratch lightly at Wilbur's scalp before falling away. "We will not be having sex on a fucking rooftop."

Wilbur laughed, stretching his legs out in front of him. "Aw, really?"

Quackity laughed, but didn't reply. Wilbur reached a hand out, watching intently as he ran a thumb over Quackity's swollen bottom lip. 

"You're fucking weird," Quackity said, though he didn't move from where he sat.

"Not my fault you're so pretty," Wilbur said in a low voice. Quackity elbowed him playfully in the ribs. "What? You are."

"Why are you so sappy right now?" Quackity asked, looking at Wilbur like he was looking at the stars.

"You said nobody knows us here," Wilbur said, smiling cheekily. "I'm just acting like it."

Quackity hummed, shifting to stand on his knees and press his face close to Wilbur's neck. "Would you act like this in public?"

Wilbur's hands flew up to rub circles on the black fabric that clung to Quackity's hips. "Depends on if you'd want me to," he said. He looked up, catching Quackity's gaze. "Would you?"

Quackity licked his lips. "I think I want to keep it between us for now."

Wilbur nodded, sitting up a bit taller. "I'm good with that."

Quackity leaned closer, his nose bumping against Wilbur's. "Good."

Wilbur smiled, tilting his head. Quackity smirked against his lips before pulling back, pivoting to sit back down ag Wilbur's side. Wilbur huffed, turning his head to bury his nose in Quackity's hair.

"This is nice," Wilbur mumbled, blushing. Quackity laughed, but didn't reply, instead leaning into Wilbur's shoulder. Wilbur sighed, and his eyes blinked closed.
...

Wilbur woke with a jump to a buzzing in his back pocket, and Quackity curled into his side.

Wilbur groaned, fishing his phone out of his pocket. He tried to blink the sleep from his eyes as Tubbo's contact blinked to life on his screen. He wrinkled his nose. It was nearly three in the morning.

"Hello?" He said, his voice heavy and quiet.

"Wilbur, oh thank fucking god," Tubbo said. Wilbur woke up fully. Tubbo's voice was taut with worry. "Ranboo's in the hospital."