6

Little bit of angst if you squint

When Kagami regained Consciousness, he was a little confused. "What happened? Where am I?" He asked. "The infirmary, you fell unconscious during the game" you explained and he tried to get up. "Sit down" you said and he shook his head.

"I have to get back to the game Y/n! We might lose" he said and you shook your head. "I said sit down" he grumbled and sat down. "Did you lie when I asked you those questions?" You asked. He shook his head, "why would I lie?"

"Because you wanted to play"

His eyes widen at your statement. "Am I wrong? I understand your drive and what you want to do in your basketball career, but don't fuck with your health just to do that." You said and he looked at you.

"Ok I did lie, on some. Not all of them, just some"

"KAGAMI! THIS IS SERIOUS! WHAT IF YOU WOULD HAVE HURT YOURSELF MORE? WHAT IF YOU MADE YOUR CONCUSSION WORSE?" you screamed at him and he looked away from you.

"THIS IS SERIOUS! YOU COULD HAVE HAD A MINOR CONCUSSION BEFORE BUT IF YOU WERE PLAYING RECKLESSLY IT COULD OF BEEN SERIOUS!" You we're fuming and pinched the bridge of your nose in frustration.

"It's alright since you weren't doing anything too crazy, but we have to get you checked out" you said and he nodded.

"I'm sorry for lying, but I just want us to win you know?" He said and you turned your back to him.

"If we lose one game we might be sad, but it's not the fucking end of the worl-" he cut you off.

"BUT IT IS TO ME! THE SENIORS! WHAT IF WE LOSE THIS AND ITS THEIR LAST GAME EVER IN THEIR HIGHSCHOOL CAREER?" He scrunched his shirt by his heart. "I want them to have a good season." He started tearing up and you turn around.

"What do you think they'll say when they hear you risking your health for them? You think they'll be happy? You think they'll be glad you put them first? Cause I'm 100% sure they won't be overjoyed because you're risking your health for them to have a good season." You said and he grabbed your arm.

"I'm sorry I put you through this Y/n" he said, tears on his waterline. "It's fine, let's go we have to get you checked out" you said as you opened the door.

The whole team was on the other side. "You lied about your health?" Riko asked. "YOU STUPID IDIOT! WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?" She was fuming with rage as you were when you found out.

"Because I wanted you guys to have a good season, and with me I thought we could achieve it" he said and Hyūga slapped him. "What is wrong with you? Why are you risking your health for us?" Everyone was staring at Kagami at this point.

"Guys we don't have time for this, we have to make sure he doesn't have a concussion, let's go." You said shutting them up.

You guys walked to the hospital that happened to be only 2 blocks away. You walked in the hospital with Kagami. "Hi, I'd like to make sure my friend here doesn't have a concussion" you smiled at the lady at the front. She slides you a clipboard. "Have him fill this out"

You guys go to sit down as he fills it out and you go and walk it up the first desk. "Ok, We'll call you guys back when he's ready for you." You nodded and thanked her.

You walked back to Kagami who was looking around the room. You sat down beside him. "I'm sorry Kagami for yelling at you like that, but you were doing something really reckless" you apologized to him. "Yeah I'm really sorry." He scratched the back of his neck as he looked at you.

"Now that's we're over that, besides basketball what else do you like?" You asked him and he sat there and thought.

"I really like music, like discovering different types, learning about the history of it. What about you?" You smile, "I really like writing, making characters, plots, all of it it's so fun to me." He nodded and you guys made more small talk.

It was finally time for both of you to go back for his evaluation.

You both walked out and found the team

You both walked out and found the team. "So?" Riko asked. "He's concussion free" You said and everyone was relieved. "Good cause now I can do this" Riko walked over to him and smacked his back.

"DONT EVER GO DOING SOMETHING THAT STUPID AGAIN" She screamed at him and he apologized over and over. You guys all started heading back to the train station.

You sat down and Kagami sat beside you. You and Kagami talked the whole ride home. When everyone got ready to go home, Junpei questioned you.

"You guys were really buddy buddy back there." He said facing forward.  "Why are you so obsessed if I like him or not"  you rolled your eyes and he laughs.

"Cause I know who to beat up if your heart gets fucked with." You slapped his arm and rolled your eyes. "Ok what if I do?"

"As long as he treats you right I don't care, just don't let me find out he doesn't"

You guys went home and you got a text.

8:30 p.m.

Kagami
Hey

Y/n
Hey Kagami

Kagami
So when am I gonna get another 1v1?

Y/n
Boy if you don't go take a shower and sleep

Kagami
Shut up and answer

Y/n
Do you want a concussion cause
who you telling shut up

Kagami
Damn ok 😒 but answer

Y/n
No nigga 🙄

Kagami
I'll block you

Y/n
As if you would

Kagami
If you piss me off anymore I will

Y/n
Go ahead then

Kagami
Alright

Y/n
Let's see if you did
*This number has blocked messages from you*

"Niggas be so fake, like don't actually block me" you rolled your eyes as you grabbed your stuff to take a shower and went about the rest of your night.

A/n - NOW THE STORY IS ACTUALLY GONNA START 😈😈